Gaming Can someone explain why there are 2 Minecrafts?

isanchez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new minecraft is with the bedrock engine that allows crossplay with other platforms like xbox and pc

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The one that is released currently is known as the "Console Edition", that originally released on the Xbox 360, and has since been ported to many other platforms e.g. the switch. This version is getting more outdated as the days go by and was recently announced to be being discontinued. The second version is known as the "Bedrock Edition", that originally released on Mobile. It is a version of the game that has many upgrades to the console edition, for example: servers and cross platform play. It has been ported to Windows 10, Xbox One, and now the Switch.

If you wanted to buy Minecraft on the Switch, then I would do it before the new version releases because you would get to have the old Console Edition, and the new Bedrock Edition (which people with the previous version get free).

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please more details...

Where did so saw 2 minecrafts?
Do yo have a link or proof?
Physical or digital?
There is the version which is currently released, and the new updated version coming out tomorrow. The new version is also coming out in stores the same day.
Read my post above for more info.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you don't have the old one, get the new one.
If you did that, you would only get the new version. Buying the old one now gets you two versions of the game, one of which being a free extra.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait... WHAT?
Capture.PNG one of many sources

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one that is released currently is known as the "Console Edition", that originally released on the Xbox 360, and has since been ported to many other platforms e.g. the switch. This version is getting more outdated as the days go by and was recently announced to be being discontinued. The second version is known as the "Bedrock Edition", that originally released on Mobile. It is a version of the game that has many upgrades to the console edition, for example: servers and cross platform play. It has been ported to Windows 10, Xbox One, and now the Switch.

If you wanted to buy Minecraft on the Switch, then I would do it before the new version releases because you would get to have the old Console Edition, and the new Bedrock Edition (which people with the previous version get free).

This is the best reply thus far in this thread. He's right on the money. Can't really add much more than this. If nothing else, would you disagree about Minecraft with someone who likes enough to use it as their screen name? Gives this guy or girl a cook (like)

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If nothing else, would you disagree about Minecraft with someone who likes enough to use it as their screen name? Gives this guy or girl a cook (like)
I dont play it as much as I used too.
My name change request was also rejected....

This is just an old name of mine. Dont use it often anymore.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you did that, you would only get the new version. Buying the old one now gets you two versions of the game, one of which being a free extra.

Doesn't the deal expire tomorrow? (tonight depending on your time zone)

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't the deal expire tomorrow? (tonight depending on your time zone)
Yes it does.
Its your last chance to grab both versions. Pretty sure its cheaper this way too (cant say for sure). I know that in dollars, the new version is $30. Cant remember if the original is cheaper or not. Nope, same price.

Also, to clear up any possible confusion people are having, this may help:
Capture.PNG
-Top-
New version

-Bottom-
Version to buy now to get top version free

Last edited by Mnecraft368,

XPG Darkside

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is two version the exact same as the Xbox, Minecraft XBOX ONE Edition and Minecraft better together, the xbox one editoin is basicly a legacy verison off the 360 one, better together version lets you cross play with switch, xbox, pc , mobile, ect.

Reactions: Mnecraft368

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-