Homebrew Can someone compile CTR64 for me?

Deleted member 446461

OP
Trophies
XP
Hello! Sorry if I'm being too irritating with this--
I'm trying to search for a compiled 3DSX for this emulator: https://github.com/machinamentum/CTR64

You see, while we're trying to search for a home before summer ends, I'm trying to work with an Lubuntu Live USB.

I'm trying to see if I can use DevKit[ARM/Pro] to compile the emulator, because I'd really like to play it on my Nintendo 3DS (of course, not caring about framerate because mr. Jailbroken iPad Mini Gen 1 doesn't do a good job with it either and the Lubuntu Live CD doesn't seem to run the mupen64plus binary I've got from a place I don't remember right now, but that's BESIDES THE POINT.) without having to worry about digital input ruining the day. *furiously stares at Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario 64 DS*

Ahem. But DevKitPro seems to like to be a nuisance, because the Debian package I've found is x64. (Laptop is i386, a.k.a. of course not going to work)

I can't figure out how to build the DevKitPro source code either. The install instructions don't help a bit. I can't seem to find where to build, configure, yadda yadda. So I eventually gave up.

I noticed people were asking for someone else to compile them stuff, so I just came here to give it a go.

The first asking for compiling I saw was this guy asking for someone to compile him CTRX and CTR64. Turns out when he found out CTRX was already built in the releases page, the thread just died out without anyone bringing up CTR64 anymore, which is what I was searching for.

I will also offer the one who built the 3dsx a public release of the executable file, of course, with that one user's name on the filename. If you want to reject the request, just point it out on the message where you uploaded the file.

Thanks, and sorry for the nuisance.

Last edited by Deleted member 446461,

SCOTT0852

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried compiling it, but it just errored. You don't need the dkp source either, there's an installer for it. In theory you just run "pacman -Syu" (updates everything) and then type "make" in a command prompt in the folder with the source, but something seems to be wrong with the code here. I hope you know C++ so you can fix it up, because I sure don't. In any case, the 3DS isn't nowhere near powerful enough for even acceptable N64 emulation, so you'll be disappointed if you manage to compile it.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure CTR64 never got anywhere even remotely close to complete enough to run any games at all. It's not a matter of framerate, it's a matter of the emulation of the hardware being massively incomplete so games simply don't function. In short, you don't need a compiled version of it.

Deleted member 446461

OP
Trophies
XP
I tried compiling it, but it just errored. You don't need the dkp source either, there's an installer for it. In theory you just run "pacman -Syu" (updates everything) and then type "make" in a command prompt in the folder with the source, but something seems to be wrong with the code here. I hope you know C++ so you can fix it up, because I sure don't. In any case, the 3DS isn't nowhere near powerful enough for even acceptable N64 emulation, so you'll be disappointed if you manage to compile it.
Well, you see... I've got Linux, and, again, the Debian I found is a x64 one instead of a i386.
Though I could use Wine, so I'll try, since it's just a Live CD I'm working with at the moment.

I'm pretty sure CTR64 never got anywhere even remotely close to complete enough to run any games at all. It's not a matter of framerate, it's a matter of the emulation of the hardware being massively incomplete so games simply don't function. In short, you don't need a compiled version of it.
The only game I'm thinking of emulating is Super Mario 64. And I have seen an image of it running on a stolen copy of CTR64's code. Does that mean Super Mario 64 isn't actually compatible with CTR64?

Deleted member 446461

OP
Trophies
XP
Well, you see... I've got Linux, and, again, the Debian I found is a x64 one instead of a i386.
Though I could use Wine, so I'll try, since it's just a Live CD I'm working with at the moment.
(EDIT: Wait, how do I build with Wine? I don't think I can use a Windows Linux Subsystem on Wine on Linux.)

The only game I'm thinking of emulating is Super Mario 64. And I have seen an image of it running on a stolen copy of CTR64's code. Does that mean Super Mario 64 isn't actually compatible with CTR64?

Last edited by Deleted member 446461,

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I haven't seen that image, but it seems like the most likely answer there is that it was faked. The N64 RSP isn't emulated and there's no 3D backend to even speak of--CTR64 definitely doesn't run Super Mario 64. It doesn't run simple N64 homebrew or anything.

Reactions: SCOTT0852

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning