Hardware Can some switch owner answer my Questions?

MionissNio

OP
Trophies
XP
So I'm like thinking of getting the switch but it's a heavy investment in my country (600 USD approx) do I have some questions about the system.

Has anyone tried connecting external hard drive yet of so what happens?

Does the switch work with other USB c to HDMI adaptors?

Does anyone Android phone work with the dock?

I have small hands, would the jiycon grip be comfortable?

Is the screen really prone to scratching easily (not onlyvdock)? Cause I have long nails I fear it will scratch them.

Does USB GameCube controller work?(the one which was made for smash.

How long does it take to charge?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
MionissNio said:
Has anyone tried connecting external hard drive yet of so what happens?

Nothing, the Switch doesn't react at all yet.

Does anyone Android phone work with the dock?

What do you mean? For charging purposes, or trying to somehow use it for HDMI? That's a vague question.

I have small hands, would the jiycon grip be comfortable?

I have modestly sized hands and don't really have any issues using it, but if you can afford it at some point, I'd suggest getting a Pro Controller if you plan using on a more traditional controller (it has built-in motion controls, so you can still do those special sections of Zelda puzzles).

How long does it take to charge?

Mine took like 4 hours to charge, I think. I didn't have a clock sitting next to it or anything though, so my estimation might be off.

I left out the questions I didn't have an answer for.

Reactions: peteruk

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried to charge the switch via powerbank and the usb-c cable from the pro controller. There comes up the sign that the switch will be charged but it doesn't charge at all. The same result come if I plug the usb-c cable to an samsung or apple adapter. To me, the switch charge only by the dock

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I tried to charge the switch via powerbank and the usb-c cable from the pro controller. There comes up the sign that the switch will be charged but it doesn't charge at all. The same result come if I plug the usb-c cable to an samsung or apple adapter. To me, the switch charge only by the dock

It will also charge from the mains adapter that came with the console without needing to be attached to the dock, but that's a given. :P

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It will also charge from the mains adapter that came with the console without needing to be attached to the dock, but that's a given. :P

Yes, I forgot to mention this. But for me it's really uncomfortable to charge switch with the main adapter if you're on a trip for 4hrs. I hope, we will get more information if it's possible to charge the switch with a powerbank :/

Reactions: daxtsu

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I forgot to mention this. But for me it's really uncomfortable to charge switch with the main adapter if you're on a trip for 4hrs. I hope, we will get more information if it's possible to charge the switch with a powerbank :/
It is possible, you'll just need a better output than standard power banks. Any USB-C power bank that does up to 5v3a will charge the Switch while playing. Less than that, say your typical 1a or 2a USB wall plug/power bank, and you might get up to an extra 50% play time out of portable mode, but the battery will still slowly drain. It also takes a lot longer to recharge on a plug like this (up to 8 hours vs 3 with the official power plug).

Last edited by Xzi,

MionissNio

OP
Trophies
XP
So power bankss instead of charging become batteries Great....

What about other USB c phones do they charge with the dock?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So power bankss instead of charging become batteries Great....

What about other USB c phones do they charge with the dock?
I don't have any other USB-C devices to test on it, but I'd guess no. There are specific connections the Switch makes to get the USB-C input to pop up from the dock. Nothing would stop you from just popping the power out from the dock and into another USB-C device, of course. The Switch pro controller also comes with a USB-C to USB-A cord which will work for charging Switch and other USB-C devices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    reddit is terrible
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    reddit is cheeks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @PandaPandel, I got man boobs :creep:
    booba is booba
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's more annoying alot of users come from reddit/youtube then whine when a temp mod laws down the law when they ask for piracy and drama
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    I never use social media
    people from reddit do not have souls change my mind
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I keep Facebook over old high-school friends that moved across state
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And Facebook hoes can't hate the Facebook hoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, just yells at me when I threaten to pirate his weed
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Only because I like u :(
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You wrote a detailed letter yelling at my doctors to pull the plug :angry:
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Let he who is without fault throw the first stone
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I ain't perfect :(
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf I agreed
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Man now I need weed
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Look what you did
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm an instigator
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A dental oral hygienist baitor
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    All the weed I have left is old and sucks. I haven't been buying any more because I'm not supposed to be doing marijuana anymore. Sad times man.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Thanks for reminding me I have a dentist appointment monday lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the life span of a bud I never looked into it that deep
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Varies depending on if you're just trying to get high or want to get high and have a nice flavorful experience doing so. Just wanna get high, doesn't matter, smoke that shit and cough the whole way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still fighting with insurance to get my work done and my dentist decides to go on vacation like I expect him to be a slave at his trade how dare he vacation without my approval
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Still fighting with insurance to get my work done and my dentist decides to go on vacation like...