Hacking Can save management do...

Unessential

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a sysnand backup from before I accidentily formatted and updated it (I SWEAR I was on emunand, but apparently not) So hopefully when I restore my from that Image I will have access to all my saves. However, just for interest sake, and peace of mind (while I wait for a sky3DS to come so I have an entry point --cubic ninja-- to re install CFW on my 3DS -- Thank goodness 10.7 didn't patch it out)

If I didn't have access to an original console saves come from (or in this case the nandimage before I formatted) and ONLY had access to an SD card (or the files copied from one) with the titles and saves (which is only supposed to work with the system originally installed on)

Will save managers like svdt and savedatafiler be able to extract the saves from it? It wasn't something I had thought of, otherwise I would have backed up my saves right after backing up sysnand.

Last edited by Unessential,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your NAND backup is the same then all your saves will be just fine after formatting the backed NAND .

Regarding your other question the answer is NO, you have to decrypt the saves using svdt BEFORE you screw up, having all your saves encrypted serves nothing if you screw up your NAND and have no backup.

Unessential

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh so the saves are actually encrypted? I thought it was nintendo just making the system unwilling to load from certain folders. And obfuscating the folder/filenames so it's difficult to track/find them manually (i expect games to be encrypted, but saves) If I had known that I would have extracted saves when I copied my SD card to my HD...

Last edited by Unessential,

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you have a SD backup and a nandbackup+xorpads you can always make your saves useable even when your device dies and you buy a new one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1