can ps3 games be converted to ps4 format?

Horizon0D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the developers did it
they converted all the ninja gaiden 1 2 and 3 of the ps3
there are also for ps4
ninja gaiden Sigma came out in 2007
in 2007 there was no ps4 was released in 2013
what they did I want to do too

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you made the PS3 game yourself and have the original source code and assets, yes you can make it into a PS4 game. Otherwise you're gonna struggle tbh.

Reactions: KiiWii

Horizon0D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you made the PS3 game yourself and have the original source code and assets, yes you can make it into a PS4 game. Otherwise you're gonna struggle tbh.

can the source code and the original resources be available?
if you can't get them how do i convert a game?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can the source code and the original resources be available?
if you can't get them how do i convert a game?
If you're not the people who originally made the game then you don't convert it. That's why you don't see other PS3 games that have been converted to PS4 by users, only ones that get official releases.

Hoap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the developers did it
they converted all the ninja gaiden 1 2 and 3 of the ps3
there are also for ps4
ninja gaiden Sigma came out in 2007
in 2007 there was no ps4 was released in 2013
what they did I want to do too
you can do that if you just write "ps4" over the ps3 logo on the disc with a marker. then you can throw it around like a frisbee.

Reactions: Flacito

Horizon0D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the solution is linux on ps4
then I install the emulator and it's done
the iso of the games I made them start with the webman when the ps3 worked
which linux distro should i install to ps4 to play with ps3 iso

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read from dominator that the series x should be able to run ps3 games well, but I don't think such an emulator exists, possibly due to how complicated it is to emulate that system.

HeroKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a video i saw a year or 2 ago. some guy was able to convert any PS3 game he had to work on PS4. which took advantage of the graphical upgrade. i think it was similar to the app for converting PS3 isos into a Classics executable, where it used one of the already released games as a template for conversion

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a video i saw a year or 2 ago. some guy was able to convert any PS3 game he had to work on PS4. which took advantage of the graphical upgrade. i think it was similar to the app for converting PS3 isos into a Classics executable, where it used one of the already released games as a template for conversion
afaik, there's no official ps3 emulator with any game, so any ps3 game is a ps4 version of it.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is simply not possible. What you think you saw vs what you did see… faked.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly right, there is no emulator, PSPlus uses streaming for PS3 games. You cannot download a ps3 game to your ps4/5.
a friend has the premium version of plus. he told me that he was playing a ps3 game, got disconnected, lost all progress since last save. what a load of shit that thing is.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
a friend has the premium version of plus. he told me that he was playing a ps3 game, got disconnected, lost all progress since last save. what a load of shit that thing is.
It’s honestly terrible. I have the top tier one too and PS3 games are awful. No move support kills me the most… games demonstrate them in the set up and then simply don’t use them….

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s honestly terrible. I have the top tier one too and PS3 games are awful. No move support kills me the most… games demonstrate them in the set up and then simply don’t use them….
I had gamepass at one point, but I just bought all the games I wanted while they were on sale, then downgraded to gold for the two free games a month. I felt the same way about the higher tiers of psn. I figured just buy what I want instead of upgrading my service from the standard psn plus. I do have the expansion pack for nso, because I do play the n64 games. I'm at ganon in oot, and I'm a ways through paper Mario (have maybe 10 hours). I don't play genesis though, because most of the games I'd want to play are on that genesis collection, which I own.
Post automatically merged:

Probably. PS1/2/PSP can be made as classics.
and saturn. I heard the saturn emulator runs better than the psp one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated