can not get new games to work

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ttdakid, Apr 11, 2009.

Apr 11, 2009
  1. ttdakid
    OP

Newcomer ttdakid Newbie

United States
    I am running softmod 3.2u, backuplauncher 03g wiiish v3 en, cios249 rev 8, new games such as madworld, hod overkill load but either go to black screen or err message "game disc could not be read refer to operations manual", burn with img at 2.4 ,8, and 16 no help, using verbatium -r disc, all games prior to these have worked and still do work with no problems, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2. Shinigami Kiba

Member Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    you need to install
    IOS38
    IOS53
    IOS55

and if you want your games to boot with the gamma loader update cIOS36(what you call cios249) to rev09
    But what you really want after updating cIOS36 to rev09 is to get yourself the USB Loader, get ya a nice external hard drive and forget about playing games from discs, or you could also use a nice, big flash drive.

I have 10 games on my 16(14)GB Verbatim flash drive
    here's a video [​IMG]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hsc1z9iC1E...re=channel_page

3. chalfant

Newcomer chalfant Member

United States
    Had a similar problem awhile back, I just started on phase 2 using softmii 2.1.1, did a clean 3.2U and installed updated mIOS and cIOS and usb loader 1.1, now things are fine.

4. ttdakid
    OP

Newcomer ttdakid Newbie

United States
    thank you will try that

5. ttdakid
    OP

Newcomer ttdakid Newbie

United States
    i now have the cios36 rev9 installer dol file, the readme said to put in root of sd , then run installer, when i open homebrew channel there is no installer what am i doing wrong please help