Question Can I use the same SD card for switch/3ds cfw?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Bst22322, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Bst22322
    OP

Bst22322 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2018
    United States
    Basically title. Can I use the same fat32 SD card with both atmosphere sdfiles and Luma at the same time? I'd like to switch the SD card between my switch and my 3ds depending on what I'd like to play

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Sure why not. CFW is just a bunch of files on the SD card. Although hopefully you have enough space on your SD card if you're going to be using for 2 devices.

Bst22322 likes this.
  3. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    OP could be like a reasonable level headed person that just puts the 4 or 5 games he is actually playing at the moment on the card. Unlike 98% of the rest of us that fill up big SD cards with tons of games for the bragging rights knowing full well some of them we are unlikely to ever play. Just sayin. :yay3ds:

NekoMichi, godreborn, Kafluke and 2 others like this.
  4. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    Yes, however fat32 will make some problems if you want to put 4GB files or more.

5. Snomannen_kalle

Snomannen_kalle Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    Norway
    Although this is true, it can be circumvented pretty easily: if I recall correctly, SX OS enables you to split large .XCI-files, and if you don't have SX OS, Tinfoil now allows you to install .NSP-files through an internet connection. .XCIs and .NSPs are the only files (for the switch, at least) that I can think of that will be larger than 4GB