ROM Hack Can I transfer save file for gb games through emulators?

Masq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing on gambatte-speedrun emulator and I just got gameyob on my 3ds I tried to transfer the save file over but when I load into gameyob but it just gave me the new game screen. I am playing pokemon blue by the way.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing on gambatte-speedrun emulator and I just got gameyob on my 3ds I tried to transfer the save file over but when I load into gameyob but it just gave me the new game screen. I am playing pokemon blue by the way.
Find out the save type of each emulator then convert to the format u need

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with a header, they're probably comparable. You just need to compare them in hex. It might be as simple as removing or adding a header or even no change at all.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would take too long to explain. I could try to do it for you. doesn't twilight menu use gameyob? you're trying to get this to work on the 3ds, correct?

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
send me the save, I'll find the game (usa version?), make a new save (how do you save in the game, since I've never played it), then see how the save compares.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is an extremely difficult save. I have what I think is the header, but injecting saved data into it doesn't work. I would need at least a couple saves made by both emulators (same size) to see what's what. all I can do now is guess.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AliceCE @ AliceCE: optiplicks