Can i play tf2 with a switch (Using linux)

Wrio312

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Hello, I want to play tf2 on a switch since my laptop is so bad I get 40 fps in tf2 (or basically any other game). Since the switch has got a GOOD gpu, enough to run it at a stable 60 fps. I was thinking using Linux, then installing steam and just installing tf2. Will it work? Thanks in advance ( iw ant to do this since my switch is banned and I can't do anything)

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.

TF2 doesn't have arm support.
Also because of like 15 years of updates and hats, TF2 does not run as well as other Source games. Even if there was an arm port, I doubt the Switch would handle it very well.

If you don't have a machine good enough to play TF2, your best bet is to install Android, run GFN, and try streaming it.

Also if you do get it all running, prepare to be really disappointed as controller support in TF2 is terrible. It can be tolerable on a Steam deck with the touch pads. But with a regular controller, its really bad.

Wrio312

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
No.

TF2 doesn't have arm support.
Also because of like 15 years of updates and hats, TF2 does not run as well as other Source games. Even if there was an arm port, I doubt the Switch would handle it very well.

If you don't have a machine good enough to play TF2, your best bet is to install Android, run GFN, and try streaming it.

Also if you do get it all running, prepare to be really disappointed as controller support in TF2 is terrible. It can be tolerable on a Steam deck with the touch pads. But with a regular controller, its really bad.
Well that's sad :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto