Hacking Can I install an nsp without archiving my game first?

Picartman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have Harvest Moon purchased as a cartridge, but I don't like switching my games around physically when I want to play another. Harvest Moon is on my home screen, should I tell the Switch to delete it before installing the nsp through tinfoil (running ReinX)? Or can I just tell tinfoil to install it without making any changes to the current files?

To be clear, I own Harvest Moon, I've played it for some hours and have save files on one account, and I never did anything such as archiving or deleting the game files. Also I'm currently on 6.0.0.

Thanks for any help :)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since you only have it as a cartridge game on your homescreen (which meand there's an empty cartridge symbol and not a cloud symbol) you can just install it without a problem.

Picartman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you only have it as a cartridge game on your homescreen (which meand there's an empty cartridge symbol and not a cloud symbol) you can just install it without a problem.

Yes that's correct, it's an empty cartridge symbol, thanks for the reassurance :)

Quick followup question, I also want to do the same with Little Dragon's Cafe, same situation, however this game has 1 nsp file that's the game, and 1 that says that it's the update nsp. In tinfoil, would I just install the game first, reboot the Switch back into ReinX, then install the update nsp? I heard rebooting it between nsp installs protects it from crashing during the next nsp install.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes that's correct, it's an empty cartridge symbol, thanks for the reassurance :)

Quick followup question, I also want to do the same with Little Dragon's Cafe, same situation, however this game has 1 nsp file that's the game, and 1 that says that it's the update nsp. In tinfoil, would I just install the game first, reboot the Switch back into ReinX, then install the update nsp? I heard rebooting it between nsp installs protects it from crashing during the next nsp install.

You don't HAVE to do that, you can just install one after the other, there shouldn't be any crashing issues if you're using the latest version of Tinfoil

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up