Homebrew Can homebrew be used to cheat?

Shergar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am aware that on the Wii you can use a certain homebrew app to launch a game with cheat codes enabled. I won't mention it just in case it's not allowed.

Is this possible on the 3DS? I've searched everywhere and I can't find an answer (nor a homebrew app for that matter).

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nope.

Common ways to cheat are RAM editing and save editing.
There's stuff like savedatafiler, NTR with cheat plugin, AR Codes. But all of that usually needs exploitable firmware or exploitable browser (for AR Codes) in order to be used.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd quite like to know any info on upcoming homebrew which could be used for cheat's, I believe TVDS could be used which is being developed by smea but I'm unsure

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm pretty sure tdvs will allow full control over game saves, based on this tweet.

PKHeX is a save editor for Pokémon X/Y/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.

I guess it will be similar to savedatafiler then. If so, then yeah, it's possible to save edit. Altho it doesn't work with all games. Some have extra encryptions that protect it from such ways.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure tdvs will allow full control over game saves, based on this tweet.
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/629470200413319168
PKHeX is a save editor for Pokémon X/Y/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.
I guess it will be similar to savedatafiler then. If so, then yeah, it's possible to save edit. Altho it doesn't work with all games. Some have extra encryptions that protect it from such ways.
Would it potentially be able to do something with MH4U, like picking from the charm tables specifically do you think?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Would it potentially be able to do something with MH4U, like picking from the charm tables specifically do you think?

Never tried to save edit MH4U so I'm not even sure if it has extra encryption or not.

But as the saying goes: Where there's a will, there's a way ;)

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never tried to save edit MH4U so I'm not even sure if it has extra encryption or not.

But as the saying goes: Where there's a will, there's a way ;)
One would think it would due to the online components, hopefully some enterprising young coder magic's up some nifty talisman picker to help an old man without a decent internet connection lol

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
One would think it would due to the online components, hopefully some enterprising young coder magic's up some nifty talisman picker to help an old man without a decent internet connection lol

well.. Pokemon doesn't lack online components either and it's probably the game whose save is most heavily edited currently. ;)

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well.. Pokemon doesn't lack online components either and it's probably the game whose save is most heavily edited currently. ;)
Good point, I have Pokémon Y but I've never looked into the online side tbh as the last one I played was on gba back in the day so I'm used to it being only sp. Fingers crossed, it would suck to have to put down mh4u once I hit g-rank.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr