Hacking Question Can Hekate overwrite an emuNAND?

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if I want to update my current EmuNAND to match my SysNAND, but I don't want to redo all the partition nonsense will Hekate let me overwrite my current EmuNAND partition by just choosing create EmuNAND again? Or do I have to delete the EmuNAND partition and reformat my SD all over again (which I really don't want to do because I finally have a nice quad-boot setup).

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not talking about firmware, I'm talking about syncing my saves, updates, and new apps.
Yes, you can do that. Just do the option in Hekate for create emummc. It will use your existing partition and copy the sysnand right to the emuNAND.

NOTE: if your sysnand has any WiFi profiles or A LAN adapter attached to the console while docked, remove them BEFORE making an emuNAND. If you don’t the emuNAND will go online and get you banned.

also, if you have your emunand patched with incognito, you will need to redo the patch emummc option in incognito_rcm after restoring the emuNAND. Do not patch Sysnand by mistake or the sysnand will become dirty.

if you played any games on emuNAND that you care about, backup their saves with jksv or checkpoint as they will be overridden by the sysnand saves.

If you use NSPs,
I am not sure if you need to reinstall any NSPs installed to the SD card but you will need to reinstall any that are on the emuNAND itself as those will be overridden.

Last edited by driverdis,
Reactions: OldGnashburg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)