Gaming Can GTA LCS be run without lag in CSO?

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I know that LCS takes up quite a bit of space and I tried compressing it (level 3) and it lags a bit.
I THINK read somewhere that LCS and VCS are notorious for not being able to run well in CSO.

Can anyone confirm this?
Or does anyone have it running fine (compressed)? If so, how'd you do it?

PW1337

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The best thing to do is to change the PSP's Game CPU speed to 333Mhz. I haven't tried LCS in ISO nor CSO formats, I have the retail UMD and it sometimes lags for 1 second when driving at high speeds. I have VCS in CSO, with the max compression and it lags from time to time.

I've also noticed that the Memory Stick read/write speeds have something to do with the lagging. My 4GB SanDisk stick works well with very compressed games, but my brother has a similar stick from the same brand and it's slower, even when transferring stuff from the PC to the PSP. Well, I think there's a PSP application(homebrew?) that makes the Memory stick slot read at faster speeds, but I don't have a name, I just remember reading about it.

SirSweeps

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Look Its a very simple concept ... of course any cso will have some degree of lag especially in a game that constantly reads from the umd like lcs ...
Always equate playability with file size ...
ISO (Fastest because it is uncompressed) and the 9 degrees of CSO (Smaller file size at the cost of speed)

B4N5H33

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
install the "fatmsmodpatch" which belongs to you M33-CFW. the patch contains the "old" Memory stick driver, which speeds up the read/write a lot!
i can play LCS and VCS @default clock nearly without lags. i think you can get the patch from www.dark-alex.org

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I actually found a way that is quite efficient.
I took the original ISO and deleted the UPDATE folder and compressed it into CSO.
(That was already done).

So I used another tool to decompress the CSO into ISO again.
The original ISO was 1.16GB.
The one I have now is 812MB.
And it's running fine with no lag at all. Okay, maybe there's some lag, but it's HARDLY noticeable, no joke.

Thanks for the replies everyone.
happy.gif

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
blastimpulseee said:
I took the original ISO and deleted the UPDATE folder and compressed it into CSO.
(That was already done).

And it's running fine with no lag at all. Okay, maybe there's some lag, but it's HARDLY noticeable, no joke.

happy.gif
Is that with radio still working or not? If not, there are versions that are ~600MB with no radio, in ISO format.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
myuusmeow said:
blastimpulseee said:
(That was already done).

happy.gif
Is that with radio still working or not? If not, there are versions that are ~600MB with no radio, in ISO format.

The radio works.
smile.gif

I would take out the radio if I could find out how to get the customized tracks on. >.<
I've searched up many guides and each one fails for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DragonMals
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    DragonMals tempBOT: DragonMals has joined the room.