Can Gateway 3DS Support GBA Games?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by YOLOSWAG, Dec 16, 2014.

1. YOLOSWAG
    OP

YOLOSWAG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2014
    The Sea
    Hello, I was wondering if the gateway 3ds could support GBA games. I do have Pokemon Ruby so I wanted to ask if GBA games are compatible. Thank you!​

Margen67 likes this.
  2. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
    No.

Edit: There's always 3DSGBA which is a homebrew GBA emulator that's in the works right now to play GBA games. Of course, it's in its early stages so it's not good enough for many to play GBA roms on it yet.

3. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    It could, but it currently doesn't because of the nature of the exploit and its interactions with AGB_FIRM.

4. YOLOSWAG
    OP

YOLOSWAG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2014
    The Sea
    ok, thank you

5. Rinnux

Rinnux GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 3, 2010
    United States
    I suspect that the 9.2 exploit will support it

6. St0ne

St0ne Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2014
    Canada
    Province de Québec
    Would be nice. I just found a stach of SW10/SW11/SW12 XL sleeping in a Pharmaprix, got one at the last sale (139.99) and my gateway is on the way!

I'll just use my DStwo for those games while the gateway is shipping, and software is created to support it by another way, witch hopefully would drain less battery!

7. json

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    They can.. in a future update. They are busy with adding support for 9.2 currently, but I'm sure they will eventually have support for GBA.

8. jamieyello

jamieyello Professional Dumbass

Mar 11, 2013
    United States
    I have a question, does the 3ds actually have a gba inside of it somewhere, or can the ds hardware run it natively?