Misc Can fall/damage brick 3ds

Imparalord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I have a nintendo 2ds that i bought years ago. It fell off my desk 6 months ago and both screens were broken, so I took out the sd card, formatted it and gave it to someone else. I knew that without the sd card it would give a black screen error, so I tried to get a new sd card, do the necessary steps and boot it, and it booted. I can hear main menu sounds, the touchscreen works, but I don't know if the system is corrupted because the screens are broken. Do you think it is worth to repair the screens?

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm no expert, but from the sounds of it, its probably fine. Just needs new screens. Did it have CFW installed on it when you previously used it? If so, I could see where formatting the SD would cause issues there, but otherwise, it shouldn't be bricked.

Imparalord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I'm no expert, but from the sounds of it, its probably fine. Just needs new screens. Did it have CFW installed on it when you previously used it? If so, I could see where formatting the SD would cause issues there, but otherwise, it shouldn't be bricked.
Yes i was using boot9strap, luma and maybe godmode9

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think it is worth to repair the screens?

If you can't stream the screens, how much do you like 3DS? Enough to spend Switch money on fixing a 3DS?

Would you give up a Klondike while you try to blindfumble through menus?

If none of this is answer, then that's your answer.
Alternatively, you could sell the 2DS for parts and use that for 'teves...

Imparalord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey

If you can't stream the screens, how much do you like 3DS? Enough to spend Switch money on fixing a 3DS?

Would you give up a Klondike while you try to blindfumble through menus?

If none of this is answer, then that's your answer.
Alternatively, you could sell the 2DS for parts and use that for 'teves...

Is it really that expensive to repair both screens? In my country Switch is 6000 lira.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
y that exp
Lel, have you read the screen repair threads?

If you have money to burn, love the edition of your 2DS, and/or know a trusted entity/ykwtfyd, sure.

Nintendo might do it for you, too.

If the entity is worth fixing the screens for, do it.

Personally, I would keep on going to the next gen, seeing as you don't have access to the 3-D slider.

Reactions: Imparalord

GUEDES_et_al

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My 2DS dropped 3 times with me already (probably another ones with its previous owners), and all its has is several scratches on the shell. Even the screens is perfectly fine.

Probably falls cant brick it so easily, the major risk is to break the LCD screen in my view, as happened to you.

Replacing the screen seems to solve all the problems.

Depending to the country you live the screen is very cheap in Aliexpress. So, if you "love" your 2ds, it's worth it.

Reactions: Imparalord

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr