Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys.
I just wanted to know,
Is there anyway I can completely remove ALL my softmods and homebrew from my Wii?
No it's not that I'm going back to original Ninty it's just that I wanna start over with the whole hacking thing cause I think I'm gonna screw up my Wii.
I wanna remove all hacks, learn more about them, and then reinstall the ones I need.
Any ideas?
Thx.
Yea, I'm a Wii noob.

doeo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
burritoboy9984 said:
Here.

-Erik
35mir5w.gif

Umm it's either you didn't read my post carefully or you didn't check out the link you sent me.
but thanks for trying to help.

QUOTE(XFlak @ Jun 28 2010, 05:30 PM) bad idea

no point in virginizing your wii, just rehack your wii starting from the beginning of the stickied guide on this forum... virginizing your wii can be dangerous, but rehacking from the start of the guide is much much safer

But the thing is I messed up with it SO much that I don't even know what's installed in it.
Will formatting the Wii through the settings menu work?
(I don't really care about my Wiiware or my saves I dont have anything I wanna back up)

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
doeo said:
burritoboy9984 said:
Here.

-Erik
35mir5w.gif

Umm it's either you didn't read my post carefully or you didn't check out the link you sent me.
but thanks for trying to help.

QUOTE(XFlak @ Jun 28 2010, 05:30 PM) bad idea

no point in virginizing your wii, just rehack your wii starting from the beginning of the stickied guide on this forum... virginizing your wii can be dangerous, but rehacking from the start of the guide is much much safer

But the thing is I messed up with it SO much that I don't even know what's installed in it.
Will formatting the Wii through the settings menu work?
(I don't really care about my Wiiware or my saves I dont have anything I wanna back up)

If I were you I would only use nand clean to delete priiloader hacks and ATD to delete ios > (bigger) than 200..
I don't see the point of going through the virginizing guide, reinstalling stub ios, deleting the hbc so in the future once again reinstall the hbc, delete the stubs and reinstalling the cios.
wacko.gif

doeo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I were you I would only use nand clean to delete priiloader hacks and ATD to delete ios > (bigger) than 200..
I don't see the point of going through the virginizing guide, reinstalling stub ios, deleting the hbc so in the future once again reinstall the hbc, delete the stubs and reinstalling the cios.
wacko.gif

[/quote]

I wanna start over with these Wii hacks
frown.gif

....So does formatting work?

I don't want any HBC or IOS or cIOS or other stuff I installed yet don't understand...

Fresh start anyone?

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
doeo said:
frown.gif

I don't want any HBC or IOS or cIOS or other stuff I installed yet don't understand...

Fresh start anyone?

I already told you, nand clean to delete priiloader hacks, delete the ios above 200 which in reality are cIOS and then delete the hbc. If you want to format your wii is your decision, it will only delete superficial stuff like saves, newer wiiware channels etc. I suggest you leave the trucha ios instact.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if u start from the beginning of the modify any wii stickied guide, it will do everything u need to do (ie. overwrite any old shit u have done)

u are over-complicating things

trust me when I say, u want to start from the beginning of the stickied guide and u will be happy with the results

doeo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Burton said:
doeo said:
frown.gif

Fresh start anyone?

I already told you, nand clean to delete priiloader hacks, delete the ios above 200 which in reality are cIOS and then delete the hbc. If you want to format your wii is your decision, it will only delete superficial stuff like saves, newer wiiware channels etc. I suggest you leave the trucha ios instact.

Oops...
Trucha ios instact? Um Im gonna have to google that.
Ok let me just clarify
smile.gif

I do not know what IOS or cIOS means
smile.gif

I dont know what loadmii and boot mii are...
Or what trucha bug and trucha ios instact are....
In fact, the only things I do know are wads, wad manager, and neogamma.
biggrin.gif
that's how awesome I am

I'm gonna look over everything you mentioned, thanks.

QUOTE(XFlak @ Jun 28 2010, 06:53 PM)
if u start from the beginning of the modify any wii stickied guide, it will do everything u need to do (ie. overwrite any old shit u have done)

trust me when I say, u want to start from the beginning of the stickied guide and u will be happy with the results

I'll do what Burton said and then I'll listen to you
tongue.gif

Thanks guys.

But Burton, so this nand clean is pretty much exactly like virginizing right?

(I know you think I'm retarded but I'm really lost in this Wii stuff)

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
doeo said:
Burton said:
doeo said:
frown.gif

Fresh start anyone?

Oops...
Trucha ios instact? Um Im gonna have to google that.
Ok let me just clarify
smile.gif

I do not know what IOS or cIOS means
smile.gif

I dont know what loadmii and boot mii are...
Or what trucha bug and trucha ios instact are....
In fact, the only things I do know are wads, wad manager, and neogamma.
biggrin.gif
that's how awesome I am

I'm gonna look over everything you mentioned, thanks.

QUOTE(XFlak @ Jun 28 2010, 06:53 PM)

I'll do what Burton said and then I'll listen to you
tongue.gif

Thanks guys.

But Burton, so this nand clean is pretty much exactly like virginizing right?

(I know you think I'm retarded but I'm really lost in this Wii stuff)
Nand clean only removes priiloader hacks , Virginizing is a whole tedious process not recommended to anyone.
You are not retarded, you have Smashdude's syndrome which is normal.

smuddge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a brick waiting to happen!!!
ohmy.gif

if you don't know what any of this stuff is then i suggest you read about all of it before you try doing anything at all.
if your wii is working now leave it alone until you know what you are doing.

for the love of god get a nand backup before you do anything if you can

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
smuddge said:
ohmy.gif

if you don't know what any of this stuff is then i suggest you read about all of it before you try doing anything at all.

or a 4.3 update and not being able to hack that wii at all anymore ...

chinmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yea, this is really2 a brick waiting to happen... just follow the tutorial on the stickie, and you're all set... i have help some of my friend re-hack their machine using the stickie tutorial and xflak nusad, and it works wonderfull...

i don't want to see a "help, i brick my wii" kind of thread again, lol...

doeo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Burton said:
Nand clean only removes priiloader hacks , Virginizing is a whole tedious process not recommended to anyone.
You are not retarded, you have Smashdude's syndrome which is normal.

ok then
smile.gif

smuddge said:
ohmy.gif

1. Gonna google that stuff tonight..
2. Ok but this Nand backup thing will help me IF say one day my Wii bricked... right? (Another question.... How do I get a nand backup?
wink.gif
)

elmariachi said:
smuddge said:
ohmy.gif

or a 4.3 update and not being able to hack that wii at all anymore ...

You just got me wondering... Is 4.3 a dead-end or is it gonna be soft-moddable one day?

QUOTE(chinmi @ Jun 28 2010, 07:29 PM)
yea, this is really2 a brick waiting to happen... just follow the tutorial on the stickie, and you're all set... i have help some of my friend re-hack their machine using the stickie tutorial and xflak nusad, and it works wonderfull...

i don't want to see a "help, i brick my wii" kind of thread again, lol...

loll... Haha I followed SO many guides from other sites that I don't know what's installed anymore...
Starting with the GBAtemp soft-mod guide all over again is gonna wipe out even the useless crap I got from other sites?

doeo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Just follow the Guide, it should overwrite all your old stuff

4.3 will be softmoddable, it just need a little more time.

So my solution is to update to 4.3, COMPLETELY cleaning up my Wii from stuff I never heard of.
I will study the Wii carefully.
By the time I'm done with that, 4.3 will probably be softmoddable.
I will have a clean, hacked Wii.

And Please:
Someone stop me if you think I'm making a big mistake and should just go with the guide and THAT'S IT.
wink.gif

Thanks all.

doeo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
But I said you can just follow the guide
huh.gif

There is no reason to get 4.3
But if you really want it, I can't stop you...

Alright then I guess I'm just gonna do what all of you said.
Follow the guide.
Thanks all.

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok the fact is you wanted to revirginize your wii in first place which as dangerous as softmodding it if you don't have the proper knowledge. Then you posted that you didn't know what ios or cios meant making it sound like a person who wants to hunt but don't know what is a rifle and what are bullets but want to use the rifle anyways making it more clear that you will end killing yourself with the rifle.

My advise is that you take your time to read, learn a bit more and once you are prepared do your thing. Btw don't update to 4.3 now, wait until the proper exploits are available.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
follow hte stickied modify any wii guide before you end up with a brick, as xflak said youre over complicating things and youre gonna end up bricked and screwed

if you couldnt follow the other guides to softmod your wii, virginizing is going to be even worse for you. calm down read the guide, do it step by step, dont skip anything and you will be fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8