Can anyone help me with embedding a scripting language into c?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by joshjosh100, Oct 15, 2015.

1. joshjosh100
    OP

joshjosh100 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2015
    United States
    I looking to embed python/perl into c for programming myself a games and various other stuff in c and scripting with python/perl..... also rather not use lua as i'm more familiar with python

anybody can explain how i can program a python/perl into a c program, im having trouble figuring it out

2. gudenau

gudenau Never a unique idea

Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    You would need to compile a Python interpreter, or compile the Python into ARM machine code.

3. joshjosh100
    OP

joshjosh100 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2015
    United States
    basically from what ive seen, if I embed a interpreter into my c program i can do this, but i need to know how to embed it

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Basically I need to find a way to embed python/perl/ruby into c... where it can read scripts to do things that c could not do as easy

4. robot56

robot56 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2015
    United States
    Honestly, I don't know how implementing a scripting language interpreter would be useful for "doing things C couldn't do easily". If anything, it complicates things further -- take a look at the Lua Player Plus port to the 3DS.

Maybe you should learn a bit more of C? Or use C++? Depending on what you're trying to accomplish you might be able to use an existing library made for what you're having difficulty with.