Can anyone help me on SNES emulators...

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by HackGenz, Oct 28, 2016.

1. HackGenz
    OP

HackGenz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2015
    United States
    Can anyone help me as to how to get the BSNES working on gameplay like Super Mario Kart? It says this.
    [​IMG]

Also, here is my version of BSNES.
    [​IMG]

One more thing to ask, does anyone know if there is a 6xBRZ filter for BSNES I can add on it?

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    I would imagine the error is pretty self-explanatory, you need to get the proper DSP chip .bin for the game, since Super Mario Kart (along with a few others) used various different DSP chips. So the fix is just finding and downloading the proper .bin. We can't provide you with a link since, AFAIK, it'd be considered copyrighted (much like other BIOS files), so just do a 30 second Google search.

The reasons other emulators don't have this problem is because, for the most part, other emulators just use work-arounds. The reason BSNES requires these files is because it's a 100% accuracy emulator, and as such requires those special .bins to emulate games as accurate as possible.

3. HackGenz
    OP

HackGenz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2015
    United States
    I did get the .bin files but I'm not sure where to put it or make it work like magic.

I also noticed that someone actually did make a 6xBRZ filer for BSNES. However it crashes everytime I pick a game.

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    IIRC, they have to be in the same directory as the ROM.

No idea about the filter, if it's not a filter specifically built to work for your version of BSNES, there could be tons of problems.

5. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    Didn't Higan replace BSNES years ago?

6. HackGenz
    OP

HackGenz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2015
    United States
    Thank you for the info on BSNES.

Also, I found a SNES9X that they updated to have 6xBRZ and everything. However when testing out Kirby Super Star it seems to still be having slow down on the video when the 3D intro moves when it is rotated, so it's delayed compared to the audio. Same thing happens in Super Mario RPG to the intro when the butterflys fly away from Peach. Is there anyway to fix this? Because that's the only issue I have with SNES9X.