Camera Freezing - Both back 3D and front cameras

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Spidey_BR, Apr 10, 2011.

Apr 10, 2011
  1. Spidey_BR
    OP

Member Spidey_BR GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Some apps, especially AR Games and Camera, crash after moving the 3DS unit "fast". In the AR Games app, it's really frustating that any "fast" movement crashes the camera surface and it can't read the AR card again, making you reboot the system.
    And when I say "fast" I mean almost slow, when adjusting distance and position in the AR Games, where you have to move around a lot, 60% of the times the camera locks, and I get a still image in the screen.

Has anyone had this problem? My 3DS is imported, I can't send it to repair without lots of hassle and costs.

Just tried AR games and it froze, before I could shoot the AR cube to open the menu.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Nope, never had that problem. My AR works just fine. It's probably shipping damage.

3. Spidey_BR
    OP

Brazil
    The Face Raiders game works flawlessly, curiously. The camera and the AR games are the most affected, the AR games especially.
    Yes, it could be hardware related, maybe the way some apps use the hardware.

4. vandawn

Member vandawn GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    hm never had that problem
    do you mean it actualy totally freezes?
    cause mine lags a bit if i move the camera way to far which seems normal
    AR works fine and face raiders too
    if it actually freezes then yeah it maybe is shiping damage.

5. Technik

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    My camera app's crashed before and had me reboot, but nothing like this, must be your system.

6. Spidey_BR
    OP

Brazil
    You can see in the pictures I posted, the camera froze while directing the 3ds camera to my monitor, then I laid it down on my keyboard and it still showed the frozen monitor image.