Calling All Homebrew Devs!!

What game would you like to see if a team forms?

• Baldi's Basics 3ds

• Book (An open source book for Nintendo 3ds)

• 3dsMeida (social media for 3ds)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
As stated earlier, if you want experienced, proven, developers to help you, you have to explain why they'd be better off helping you than on their own. What have you done that would make you an asset to them? What qualifications do you have to form a team of homebrew devs? Do you have a POC for anything you've mentioned so far?

Also, you may want to elaborate on some of your ideas more, or have a few more ideas. I have no idea what "Book" is - do you mean an ebook reader? What kind of social media do you plan on making? Those kind of things.

As it is right now, I don't think any devs will be willing to help you with your project. I don't mean to be harsh, but you shouldn't get your hopes up.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
You're missing the point - why should we help you instead of work on our own? You're asking for experienced homebrew developers, we shouldn't need to prove anything - you're the one who needs to prove that you're worthy of help. Do you have any development experience? Asset creation? Project management? What would make you a valuable addition to this team?

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I would like a little help you know. I'm not great at everything.
Again, what can you actually do yourself? Which programming languages do you know?
Which toolchain do you use for the 3DS? Do you have a GitHub repo with software you made yourself?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
i confused and conflicted. i want to help this poor soul, who might do some thing for scene one day. even if its something small. im mean we all start with no knowledge right.

on the other hand. its taking up server space.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
here is a test thingy I wiped up.
Very important rule of homebrew. Always give the source code unless there is a good reason for not doing it.

In your case nobody is gonna run that 3dsx consireding it could be malicious and you just joined the community.

wyattberryhill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Each Dev has there talents I can make some code, but with the help of other people, we can make much more than calculating x y z coordinates. we can make something great.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well here's code sorry

Attachments

• source code.zip
    45.7 KB · Views: 144

wyattberryhill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very important rule of homebrew. Always give the source code unless there is a good reason for not doing it.

In your case nobody is gonna run that 3dsx consireding it could be malicious and you just joined the community.

well did it. Sorry.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yo, I gotta bucket o' popcorn.

LOL

LiquidFenrir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
code is...surprisingly decent. indented correctly and all. just so you know though, the coordinates for \x1b[x;yH start at 1. so the X value doesnt show here

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Each Dev has there talents I can make some code, but with the help of other people, we can make much more than calculating x y z coordinates. we can make something great.
  1. Join the 3ds homebrew discordapp. Make yourself known. Also learn with 3dbrew.org and study other's source code.
  2. Start a Github page and post source code that is compile-able with Make in devkitpro devkitARM (thanks for the correction, @LiquidFenrir).
  3. Establish your reputation a little longer until people can vouch for you.
  4. Program and produce one piece of noteworthy homebrew before calling on the other devs. Come back when you're ready.
You have a lot of work cut out for you, but if you stick these advice, you may find yourself with a team if they see worth in your project ideas.

Good luck!

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.