Calling 4.2U users with drivekey modchip and SSBB!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by damysteryman, Oct 22, 2009.

1. damysteryman
    OP

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    Does anybody here have a wii with 4.2U installed, a drivekey modchip, an unmodified copy of US SSBB (original or backup doesn't matter), and a gamecube controller (and some way to push all 4 d-pad buttons)?

If you have all this, I have a little test for you. I won't post the exact test here (I want to keep it a surprise, especially if it works).

If you want to perform this test, please pm me for the details, or post here, and I'll try to pm you.
    Make sure to have some sort of recovery option installed, such as bootmii / preloader, as the test messes with IOS70.

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    couldnt you just use the preloader or startpatch hack to get access to the recovery menu?

or is this test for those with minimal or no hacks?

3. damysteryman
    OP

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    Yes, this test is for those without preloader or startpatch hacks enabled.
    However, if somebody wants to test, but has hacks enabled, they can be disabled during the test.

4. BRYAN4D

Newcomer BRYAN4D Advanced Member

United States
    I meet all the requirements.I pm you about it already..... Sounds interesting...... what cud it possibly do with SSBB? lol

5. xzxero

United States
    smashstack obviously?

6. BRYAN4D

United States
    And that wud be?.... sorry for my ignorance

EDIT: NVM i did research... i know wat it is now... But wat cud he be after?

7. xzxero

United States
    i know it has to do with a trucha'd IOS70 to allow the booting of a backup SSBB from the recoveery menu

but idk wat for

8. BRYAN4D

United States
    Like i said it sounds interesting.... Let's just wait and see...

EDIT: Send me next steps... i am ready. Check ur PMs da_letter

9. Abkarino

Member Abkarino GBAtemp Regular

Egypt
    hello da_letter_a
    i have 3 wii consoles one for me and 2 for my friends all of them are korean wii had region changed to usa region and updated via nintendo to 4.2 :@ (ERROR 003)
    i have a drivekey modchip also i have a gamecube controller also SSBB backup unpatched version i can login to recovery mode using GC controller it show a black screen with 4.2U on it also it can boot autobooted games backup but not homebrew dvds
    so if you please send me some details about your trick to test it and tell you my feedback [​IMG]
    thank you

10. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Where did yyou get all these korean iis from?
    And sorry but I have to ask: Why would you update the other two when the first one bricked already? o.O Ah well I guess they make good test subjects now. [​IMG]

11. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah there would be no difference between turning off the diagnostic disc check and the DPad up instead of all 4 for the recovery menu and a normal Wii.

This is stacksmash, you can run Loadmii from it which lets you do huge shit from the recovery menu, if you can get it to load. Drivekey works according to xzero, so yeah, it removes the diagnostic disc check, so you'd be fine with just it and Savemiifrii.

12. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    If drivekey can remove the check, that would mean you could remove it without resigning the disc. That would be pretty huge for people with korean Wiis that were changed to USA. (crap that Nintendo removed region-freeing from modchips or it could also help PAL users)

13. Abkarino

Egypt
    first i got all this korean wii when one of my friends (have a video games company) he imported this consoles from china i think [​IMG]
    then we started to update it using some sort of safe updater then we get this damn error.
    i hope that we can do it soon, i'm ready to test this if i got some info about this test.
    i hope that we can find any working solution for this error soon [​IMG]

14. pancho

Newcomer pancho Member

Philippines
    If this worked pls let me know also, i would order this chip right away, this would be the hope for fixing 003 error wii. I went to there site and i saw theres autoboot config option. I thought that drivekeys are those hot chicks on their site. [​IMG]

15. nutta_nic

Member nutta_nic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    correct me if i'm wrong but ssbb ntsc can not autoboot at all because it errors, and the pal version can autoboot but it does not have smashstack available

16. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    Your correct, I believe that is what the op is working on, Just guessing

17. Abkarino

Egypt
    i'm agree with you BlackAce83 also i hope that da_letter_a had found a way to Autoboot SSBB to let us launch our homeberw tools to start fixing this f****n Error

18. nutta_nic

United Kingdom

if thats the case then i hope it goes well and works for other chips that can autoboot

19. pancho

Newcomer pancho Member

Philippines
    If you modify the ssbb us version to autoboot, it wouldnt work, it shows insert game disc error. but if the drivekey can autoboot the ssbb without modifying the game, then we have a chance to run the exploit code. The other solution for this is to make a pal hack version for the ssbb, because autoboot ssbb pal works.

20. nutta_nic

United Kingdom
    hacking the iso to autoboot would be a much better project, and better for the masses, ofcourse im jusst being biased!!!! [​IMG]