Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Shabadage said:
ZeroEXE93 said:
What's the gameplay like? Is it tap to shoot (as in Dementium) or shoulder buttons?

Dementium wasn't tap to shoot... Unless that was one of the options buried back in the menus.
I think Shabadage already explained it. Must be thinking of another game.

Someone please just answer the question.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xylez said:
if you really play shooters, buy a great PC or 360, sorry to say but for me shooters on the DS just don't work

Fix'd.
laugh.gif

In all seriousness, you can't beat PC for shooters. The input device is perfect. 360 and PS3 take a crack at it, and IMO do a good job at shooting games, but for me PC will always be my preferred platform.

@C.O.R.E - Haven't seen anything about this game, but the way people are talking about it I'll probably give it a shot.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C.O.R.E. is the sort of FPS that is suited to the DS as its an old fashion dumb shooter in the style of Quake I & II. No need for "hot tits" graphics.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Private|Parts said:
Xylez said:
if you really play shooters, buy a great PC or 360, sorry to say but for me shooters on the DS just don't work

Fix'd.
laugh.gif

In all seriousness, you can't beat PC for shooters. The input device is perfect. 360 and PS3 take a crack at it, and IMO do a good job at shooting games, but for me PC will always be my preferred platform.

Totally agreed, after more than 10 years playing FPSs on the PC, trying to play them on a 360/PS3 fells like a big step backwards.. it's terrible.. DS doesn't have the best input for that either, but certainly works better than an analog stick.. it's a shame there's almost no good FPS on the Wii, Wiimote+nunchuck is almost as good as Keyboard+mouse for that :/

That said.. C.O.R.E. looks like a fun old school shooter..

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
it's a shame there's almost no good FPS on the Wii, Wiimote+nunchuck is almost as good as Keyboard+mouse for that :/
Call of Duty: World At War is great on the Wii...until you play the PC version. Activision should in the future only make CoD Wii titles that are made for the Wii. Most people have a 360, PC or PS3 so why get the Wii one?

Also dunno if you tried it but Medal of Honour: Heroes 2 works very well too.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Lesdrian said:
CockroachMan said:
it's a shame there's almost no good FPS on the Wii, Wiimote+nunchuck is almost as good as Keyboard+mouse for that :/
Call of Duty: World At War is great on the Wii...until you play the PC version. Activision should in the future only make CoD Wii titles that are made for the Wii. Most people have a 360, PC or PS3 so why get the Wii one?

Also dunno if you tried it but Medal of Honour: Heroes 2 works very well too.

MoH:H 2 has some great controls, but the game overall is so-so.. I'm tired of WWII shooters :/

CoD might be good, but if I can play the PC version I'll prefer that.. Wii needs more exclusive shooters, like Metroid Prime 3, now that was a great game
smile.gif

Now back to C.O.R.E..

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Private|Parts said:
Xylez said:

Fix'd.
laugh.gif

Totally agreed, after more than 10 years playing FPSs on the PC, trying to play them on a 360/PS3 fells like a big step backwards.. it's terrible.. DS doesn't have the best input for that either, but certainly works better than an analog stick.. it's a shame there's almost no good FPS on the Wii, Wiimote+nunchuck is almost as good as Keyboard+mouse for that :/

That said.. C.O.R.E. looks like a fun old school shooter..
I'm at home equally on both. Copious amounts of Timesplitters 2 got me broken in on those sticks quite quickly. The thing to remember is to get the target in your general sights, then move your character to get him fully in the sight. Much, much easier than trying to adjust the aiming stick. Most of us PC guys have that whole headshot flick motion going on, but it just doesn't work that way on the consoles. WarHawk helps a lot as well.

xellpn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow im supprised i didnt see this, looks pretty nice, tho im still looking for a better horror game compared to that Requim? or w/e its called. that got a little repetivite to quick.

frantier123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Zerrix said:
Can it be that CORE hasn't been dumped yet?

And another question: Does it have WiFi? Like MPH?
Nah. I go to their official website and they annouce that they officially push back to Feb 2009.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, I wonder if my emails to them had any bearing on them announcing it had been delayed. They seemed pretty content with just not telling anyone anything; and I'm fairly certain they had no clue that Core was listed to come out on the 16th.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...