buying used, defect (blue screen) switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by oriam, Mar 1, 2019.

1. oriam
    OP

oriam Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2018
    Germany
    Hi, I am thinking if it is worth to buy a used defect (blue screen switch).

How much you would spend for such a switch?
    How easy is it to fix it?

I read that this error could be related to not matching fuse count or in general -according to switchbrew- to a kernel panic. Sure I will not have any original NAND backup of the switch. I read it's possible to rebuild NAND when you have PRODINFO of the switch. If that is missing (for whatever reason) the switch is totally bricked, isn't it?

Would you buy it and try to fix?

2. ExploitJunkie

ExploitJunkie GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    Without knowing for sure your speculating whats really wrong with it and taking a gamble. I wouldn't buy it. You're more than likely to end up with an expensive paperweight.

3. nine0nine

nine0nine Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2006
    Albania
    If you're attempting this because you cant afford a new / working switch, then no, don't bother, save up a little more cash. If you're doing it for the fun of fixing it, then yes.

KlariNoX likes this.
  4. oriam
    OP

oriam Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2018
    Germany
    Hmm, you are probably all correct. It's gambling. I also just saw that the offer is not showing the serial number... So that could be a problem, too.

I already have a switch. It would be just fun to buy a second one for a small amount and to fix an (maybe?) easy problem. But I should probably use that money for buying an other game instead.

Thanks for your opinions:)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted