Intimidator88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so im selling this laptop im on which is a acer aspire 5517 and wanted to upgrade to a better 1 in the price range of 300 to 500 bucks.Also id like 4 gigs of ramm and at least 320 hdd if not more and a screen size of 16 inches or more if possible lol

I basically want something that wont lag up when im doing alot on it and has alot of room and speed on board for that price. does anyone know a good place to buy this safely online with those specs or maybe better? Also windows 7 is a big plus also
smile.gif

ACDCGAMER

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how good Newegg is in terms of actual laptops, but Newegg is a great site in general. I'd definitely check it out.

If you have a Fry's or Micro Center near you, check their stuff out as well!

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've purchased four laptops from Newegg over the past few years, they're really reliable. I've actually spent over $11,000 on parts (and two of the laptops), through my own account alone, not including orders I arranged others to make for custom builds I did. And in the past 8 years, I've only had to RMA two defective products.

If you know what you really want to do with the laptop, we can probably help you select something, but Newegg allows you to sort all of their products pretty easily. You can sort by price range, screen size, and many other options.

edit: removed a redundant conjunction. woot @ syllables.

Intimidator88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What would yall suggest i get on there that will fit to my liking cause ive searched and they have alot of models i havnt heard of on there i dont do alot on a laptop that would need to be very fast besides downloading and thats mostly on my isp not the laptop itself but ive noticed this 1 slows down when im mult tasking things so im thinking more ramm and a better processor but id like more features to as well like a bigger screen and hdd

D

Deleted User

Newegg, is decent, but definitely check out your local Fry's/Microcenter.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834220758
(Optimus & Dedicated Graphics). Games in the low graphics/category.

If you're more of a gamer then something like: /$650/ However, & (Recertifed).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834220715
with stronger dedicated graphics/processor would benefit you more.
Strongest graphics you'll find @ newegg in this price range.
Bestbuy/Refurbished ~$630 ~16'' 4GB 320GB

Refurbished can be a gamble, see if you can look around your local shops
for one of these & check it out first. Try to get something with dedicated
graphics if possible, it'll help. Don't take other people's words for it
especially someone trying to sell you something. Google the graphics
and check out notebooktech for benchmarks/applications.

Intimidator88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not much of a pc gamer only game ive played on it would be WOW but i only played for a few months and havnt played it in months as well lol So guess thats a no my 360 is my gaming system not my pc atm i heard from my buddy i need 1 with at least a 2.0+ processor and 3 gigs of ramm or more and ill be set for years.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're sure that you won't be gaming on it at all you will be able to get some decent screen size, HDD size, RAM, and processor options if you settle for integrated graphics. However integrated graphics will eat some of that RAM, thats just the nature of the beast

And by decent, I actually meant "better than what you specified"

edit #2: I just went and checked through their current inventory and it seems almost everything I saw 3 weeks ago when I was shopping for my own new laptop is out of stock. There's only two new (not recertified) laptops in their stock at the moment in the price range you are talking about that have a screen over 15"
frown.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
As long as the warranty holds, it's fine, so check the details on the warranty before you commit. I imagine you'd only need to use your warranty if there's a serious flaw with it, such as the screen not working (like in some Compaq laptops I've seen) or random crashes all the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)