Buying an N3DSXL

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by StarTrekVoyager, Dec 15, 2016.

1. StarTrekVoyager
    OP

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Hello!

So, I've decided to buy a New 3DS XL for Christmas, of course to A9LH it and to install Luma3DS. But of course, I've discovered that reddit thread with the serial numbers and the FW versions and now I'm stuck. I'm stuck because I must absolutely buy a limited edition, and those are very expensive. The cheapest one I've found is the MHGen one at €266 on Amazon, so... Before getting thousands of links to the Plailect Guide, I don't own any 3DS system by now, and of course I can't use DSiwarehax with waithax/slowhax/whateverhax. Oh, and buying a used one from any website where I'm supposed to meet a guy and speak directly to him is not an option. Oh, and I live in France, so EUR zone master race :P

So what kind of advice could you give to me ? Wait to someone to publish a DSiWare-less 11.x downgrade ? Manage to make my father buy that freaking MHGen one ? Or perhaps could you give me a link to a cheaper one ?

Best,
    StarTrekVoyager

2. Molina

Molina My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.

May 14, 2016
    France
    Do you have a gamestop or equivalent near you? You can ask to check the serial on the box before buying, the seller may accept or not but since he's here to sell.

That way you can find a < 11.0 firm n3dsxl. I used that method and found an early release n3dsxl breathing dust in their stock.

Edit: I did that in a VideoDrive (reunion island). Seller didn't even ask why I wanted to check serial.

Last edited by Molina, Dec 15, 2016
  3. StarTrekVoyager
    OP

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Well, I don't think Gamestop even exists in France, since I didn't hear about it before browsing GBATemp. We have some shops that sell video games along with computers, smartphones, TVs, etc., but just a few selling video games only, such as Micromania (at least here in Paris). And thes shops are so small that usually they won't have a big stock of 3DSes. I may try that though. And in those which don't have only games, they don't even show the real boxes -.-

EDIT: nvm, I just Googled Gamestop and realized Micromania was the French side of Gamestop :P

Last edited by StarTrekVoyager, Dec 15, 2016