Gaming Buying a PSP GO for hacking

Mr.Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I want a PSP Go to play emulators/homebrew/Full games, but I'm not sure what specific PSP Go I should get. After looking around for an answer and not really finding one I figured I'd ask here as everyone in this board seems to really know a lot about hacking a PSP/Go. I'm looking on Ebay for specific firmware that it needs to be on so I can do all the things I want it to do. Can you help me please?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You're not finding how because you can't.

The Go is newer than all fully-hackable firmwares.

The most you'll get is the HBL, which only loads homebrew, and even then not all homebrew.

Yes, even in the hacking scene the go is gimped.

Now, there is a new hack coming out for later firmwares, but nobody knows when full-game loading will be added, and the hack might not come out until christmas.

Mr.Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks guys! So with the new hacks coming out will there be a better support for home brew? Or just make the already existing possibility's available for later firmwares? Should I just buy a PSP3000? What do you guys recommend me doing
smile.gif

Schizoanalysis said:
Mr.Guy said:
...everyone in this bored...

Is this board really that boring?

Lol sorry, bad habit.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The new hack should bring current possibilities to the later firmwares/systems, yes... as soon as somebody develops an ISO loader for it (the guy's releasing it without any game backup support of course).

A 3000 is not a good choice either, as it's only semi-hackable (can't downgrade the firmware, and you need to re-hack it every time you turn it off). An early 2000 model (the 2000s went from fully-hackable to semi-hackable halfway through the run or so) or a 1000 is the safe bet, with a 2000 being better (but you have to make sure to get a hackable model).

Check the softmod sticky here and then google around, then ask us for input when you think you've found a model you like.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a PSP 3000 that's hacked o.0. Just gotta keep it in sleep mode, but when I do, the battery doesn't die for days. And it's easy to just re-hack it.

Mr.Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its really tough to find the right model for the slim. Do I absolutely need a the pandora battery or is that really optional? Might be a dumb question.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
The new hack should bring current possibilities to the later firmwares/systems, yes... as soon as somebody develops an ISO loader for it (the guy's releasing it without any game backup support of course).

A 3000 is not a good choice either, as it's only semi-hackable (can't downgrade the firmware, and you need to re-hack it every time you turn it off). An early 2000 model (the 2000s went from fully-hackable to semi-hackable halfway through the run or so) or a 1000 is the safe bet, with a 2000 being better (but you have to make sure to get a hackable model).

Check the softmod sticky here and then google around, then ask us for input when you think you've found a model you like.
someone already made an iso loader for it.
but with no hen released yet, there's no point in releasing anything for it.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Mr.Guy said:
Okay I think I've found one that I would like to buy. Its a 1000 and its on 5.03.
That's perfect. But from what I know, you can go from 3.71 OFW to 5.00 CFW even though it says downgrade. I've hacked my fair share of PSPs, so I know how it works.

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
Mr.Guy said:
Okay I think I've found one that I would like to buy. Its a 1000 and its on 5.03.
Awesome, install and run chickHEN, downgrade to 5.00m33-6 via Hellcat's Recovery Flasher, then update to 5.50 GEN-D3 via the same flasher, then update to 5.50 Prometheus-4 (if you wish to play the latest games so far) (and if you ask why 5.00m33-6 first, I have no idea, when I tried directly 5.50, it gave an error)

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Jolan said:
Mr.Guy said:
Awesome, install and run chickHEN, downgrade to 5.00m33-6 via Hellcat's Recovery Flasher, then update to 5.50 GEN-D3 via the same flasher, then update to 5.50 Prometheus-4 (if you wish to play the latest games so far) (and if you ask why 5.00m33-6 first, I have no idea, when I tried directly 5.50, it gave an error)
Theres a problem with Prom-4. Button activated CWCheat codes don't work. It's easy to go back to a working version though (Prom-2).

Mr.Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet guys I think I've got this all figured out. That guide in the sticky is pretty damn simple and I shouldn't run into any problems with it.

Mr.Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I bought the PSP 1000 with 5.03 firmware and it should be here around next week maybe earlier. I was looking up video tutorials for chickHEN and noticed that a lot of people are having problems with it working. I was wondering why? Will this happen to mine? What alternative is there?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...