Hacking Buying a new unpatched switch

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im trying to buy a new switch unpatched verson is it better to try and get one with lower firmware and if so why?

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I get one on fw 4 or something do I stay on that or just update? I thought it was better to use lower firmware but not sure why?

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't looked, sorry - see if anyone in the serials/firmwares thread has any advice? Ask 3rd-party sellers on Amazon? Check ebay?

Ok is there any other models expect the oddesy and splatoon edition that we know is unpatched ? Without asking ? Them two seem more expensive

Iv found a oddesy special edition in retail chain are they all safe ?

Last edited by Zap2000,

MorningBlunt

Controller Smasher
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Just get yourself on eBay - I got lucky with number two, but all you need to do is ask them via messages for the OS version. Chances are, if it's lower than say 5.0, than it's patahcable. (Because the 'new' Switchs ship with 7.0 or whatever it is, I don't know version numbers.).

Copy the message to clipboard and then spam it out. I suggest sticking to 'Buy it Now's. You can do Low to High only looking at them and away you go.

carval444

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Does it have to be new? You can check out cex(computer excange). Secondhand computer/game store. Bought my switch there and checked the serial immediately. Brand new never played switch.
Fast and easy! Software version doesn't matter. I have modded with internal trinket on 6.1.0.

Edit: I would watch out. version 6.2.0 is recently released and cfw doesn't work also it changes how the keys are generated.
For now go to cex and ask there for a switch with the right firmware version and serial.

GBCTEMP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can’t find any yet in local stores in my city in uk any ideas ?
I picked up a new unpatched Switch from GAME a couple of months back, my idea was to go to find a store in a small town where I figured sales wouldn't be as high in cities. I asked the guy behind the counter if they had a unit with a serial number where the 4th digit was less than 4 (i.e less than 7004) and I lucked out.

Nononoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just get yourself on eBay - I got lucky with number two, but all you need to do is ask them via messages for the OS version. Chances are, if it's lower than say 5.0, than it's patahcable. (Because the 'new' Switchs ship with 7.0 or whatever it is, I don't know version numbers.).

Copy the message to clipboard and then spam it out. I suggest sticking to 'Buy it Now's. You can do Low to High only looking at them and away you go.
7.0 doesn't exist, the iPatched units started with 4.1, but there are actually ones with newer firmware that aren't patched, so it's hard to tell from the firmware alone. Only way to be sure is to check the serial number.

Reactions: MorningBlunt

Hugopugo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
All my unpatched switches (3 of them) were the fortnight bundle... maybe you can see if you find those?

I just bought the last unpatched console in a Fnac store (Lisbon) on Monday... was going to wait for black friday sale to get it cheaper but then i was afraid of losing it so i just bought it... going to be selling 2 new ones in January when all the unpatched ones are gone from stores

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over