Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I wanted to buy a new monitor (not online, as I will only buy in-store), and I came across a ridiculously high price cut on a Westinghouse 24 inch. However, there is also option of 20 Inch Samsung or 19 Inch Samsung. What to do... hmm...
unsure.gif

JesterDev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can wait till friday check out the black friday ads if they have them in your area. 22" Acer for $169 at Circuit City, and there are other sales for simular monitors.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.... Thanks I guess... I just wanted to know if westinghouse was any good, since it was such a huge price cut.

Its 350USD on Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824255001), and no, it isn't the greatest panel.

QUOTEI suggest you get this 22'' Samsung:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824001096
Very good monitor and at a good price too.
Unless you're a very hardcore gamer, the ViewSonic VX2255wmb is a better choice for the same price.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm.... Thanks I guess... I just wanted to know if westinghouse was any good, since it was such a huge price cut.

Its 350USD on Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824255001), and no, it isn't the greatest panel.

QUOTE said:
I suggest you get this 22'' Samsung:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824001096
Very good monitor and at a good price too.
Unless you're a very hardcore gamer, the ViewSonic VX2255wmb is a better choice for the same price.

If it's the Same Price how would an inferior monitor be better? Also they aren't the same, the Samsung is better and cheaper.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's the Same Price how would an inferior monitor be better?
Oye. Do you ever get tired of backing up your factless claims? The VX2255wmb has noticeably better color than the 226BW, and an integrated web cam (not a deciding factor, but nice to have anyways). The only reason you would consider getting the 226BW is if you're a tourney-level hardcore gamer because of its slightly faster response time, and in that case, you'd want a smaller 19" displays with even less.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
If it's the Same Price how would an inferior monitor be better?

Oye. Do you ever get tired of backing up your factless claims? The VX2255wmb has noticeably better color than the 226BW, and an integrated web cam (not a deciding factor, but nice to have anyways). The only reason you would consider getting the 226BW is if you're a tourney-level hardcore gamer because of its slightly faster response time, and in that case, you'd want a smaller 19" displays with even less.

It's not factless newegg's specs clearly shows the Samsung is superior, The Samsung is brighter, though it has the same res, it also has a faster response rate and for cheaper, spending extra money for a webcam? Why bother? I doubt there are any 19'' with 1ms response rate. Face it, the Samsung is the better buy. If he needs a Webcam he gets the Viewsonic, if he doesn't the Samsung is obviously better.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not factless newegg's specs

Because manufacturer specs are the end all be all of quality right?

Don't be such a naive consumer.

QUOTE said:
I doubt there are any 19'' with 1ms response rate
Its not all about response time. The smaller 19" models have less input lag and better response time control (aka overdrive). There may not be as much ghosting, but you'll still have an actual delay against your opponents with faster monitors.

I too would like to find a better monitor...
I recommend starting with that thread I linked earlier. It'll fill you in on the basics of what you should look for.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
It's not factless newegg's specs

Because manufacturer specs are the end all be all of quality right?

Don't be such a naive consumer.

QUOTE said:
I doubt there are any 19'' with 1ms response rate
Its not all about response time. The smaller 19" models have less input lag and better response time control (aka overdrive). There may not be as much ghosting, but you'll still have an actual delay against your opponents with faster monitors.

I'm done, there's no point in arguing with you. I know the Samsung is better. But since your in Denial, I won't bother to keep this conversation going.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Urza, this isn't the testing forum. And Ze, he's trying to be silly, he's no longer talking about the topic at hand.

I'm sorry but my last post was not spam. I just hate how he always tries to argue and have the last word. Like an immature baby.

Your post wasn't spam, but it was a reply to an off-topic discussion that no longer exists. Anywho continue with the topic. Monitor deals and such.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: I think we as a society should take the Cave Johnson approach to scientific studies