Buying a new Laptop

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by KomasterXX, Apr 7, 2017.

1. KomasterXX
    OP

KomasterXX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2016
    Kenya
  2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I just ordered one a few days ago that is $1120, i made a thread about it. It seem lot better than this one, no offense, but if you just emulating you don't need to spend that much or even have those kinds of specs. :P

slaphappygamer likes this.
  3. raystriker

raystriker Alpha PC Builder

Dec 28, 2011
    India
    Bloomington
    If i'm reading the specs right, a 6700hq with a 960m is pretty bad for the price. Those laptops should cost no more than 600 usd as they are now. It's just too outdated for that price.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You can get a 7700hq with a gtx 1050Ti for 1100 usd with a SSD and hdd
    http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/inspiron-15-7567-laptop/dncwf510s

Last edited by raystriker, Apr 7, 2017
  4. KomasterXX
    OP

KomasterXX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2016
    Kenya
    Thanks for the info! Bookmarked.

I see, I will check your thread. I understand, but I usually try to buy the "best" end laptop, as I will probably keep it for 6 or more years, if that makes sense : ).

5. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    A good graphic card and processor and ram is about all you could need if you just planning to use emulation, of course if you mean like new emulators like ps4 or xbox one and something else of this generation, you will likely no doubt need a upgrade after the next century :P

But currently emulation stuff is not as demanding for the listed pc specs, though the price is unfair to be honest so that kinda bad. Have a look at this and compare. :)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/please-help-pick-best-options-for-new-game-laptop.465812/

6. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    A ten year old laptop will be great for emulation. Spend maybe $200-300.