Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I posted a question in the noob thread lmore than a week ago and nobody answered my question so my last resort is to open a new thread with some noob questions and hope that someone can answer me.

If I go to a store like Walmart in the USA now, would I be able to find a 3ds that is hackable? What are the likelihood that they sell the 3ds with the firmware that I need? If they have the 3ds that is hackable, will I need to buy a custom flashcart online or I can hack it without it? Thanks.

Reactions: Imacaredformy2ds

Imacaredformy2ds

Smartass
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't know if linking Reddit is against the rules, but you should look up 2ds crimson red 2 firm and it should show up. Nag one with a similar serial to those on less than 10.7

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I FUCKED UP. Look up r/3dshacks firmware. It's the second result

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Fuck it. Here's the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/50ovhy/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_september_2016/

Reactions: Vitaminer

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I buy ocarina now, will it work? I mean it's an old game and if I buy one now would I have bought one that has already been patched by Nintendo so that it's now unhackable? I also need to buy that datel powersaves thing right? Also the same question, if I buy it now, have they patched the exploit?

jupitersj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I buy ocarina now, will it work? I mean it's an old game and if I buy one now would I have bought one that has already been patched by Nintendo so that it's now unhackable? I also need to buy that datel powersaves thing right? Also the same question, if I buy it now, have they patched the exploit?

Original OoT and nintendo selects OoT both work fine with the hacked savefile payload. You'll need datel powersaves unless you have a friend with a hacked 3ds, then they could use ootsploit via HBL to load the payload onto your OoT cart.

Last edited by jupitersj,

jupitersj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so that means there are no known patched versions of oot right? what about datel powersaves?

Yeah all OoT carts work; I used ootsploits, but as far as I know datel powersaves works with all of the cart versions, just got to download the correct payload for your version/sysnand

Reactions: Vitaminer

KAD

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I posted a question in the noob thread lmore than a week ago and nobody answered my question so my last resort is to open a new thread with some noob questions and hope that someone can answer me.

If I go to a store like Walmart in the USA now, would I be able to find a 3ds that is hackable? What are the likelihood that they sell the 3ds with the firmware that I need? If they have the 3ds that is hackable, will I need to buy a custom flashcart online or I can hack it without it? Thanks.

I think it's down to chance, six months ago I bought my sister a pink o3ds from a Toys R Us that was on firmware 4.2. It must have been sitting in the stock room for some time. That would have been relatively easy to hack had we known about it at the time. Maybe go for a launch colour of one of the old models? But there's no way to ensure.

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Try to go to a store that isn't really known or used for selling video game consoles, I bought my 10.7 3DS in November (maybe late Sept., not sure) of this year from Microcenter because I assumed that nobody went there to buy a N3DS since one, they don't even sell chargers for it there, and two, it's a computer part store.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most 3DSXLs in stores won't have anything higher than 11.0 at the moment. Of which you can downgrade the firmware using DSiWareHax. AKA "WaitHax".

To do a 11.0 downgrade you will need a 3DS already A9LHed, or a a game from the list of entrypoints. Or both.

https://3ds.guide/ said:
  • Use this link to downgrade your NFIRM with a HARDMOD
  • Use this link to downgrade your NFIRM with DSiWare and a second 3DS (which already has CFW)
  • Use this link to downgrade your NFIRM with DSiWare, one of four listed games, and a homebrew launcher entrypoint (11.0.0 and 11.1.0 only)
  • Use this link to downgrade your NFIRM with DSiWare, one of four listed games, and a second 3DS (which already has CFW)

I don't even think there are 11.2 models in stores yet... so.... yeah. Go to town. If you have the right stuff. Check the site first and do some homework. Look at what model you want, then what FW you think it might be, and then see if you've got everything you need.

If it is 10.7 or below, you don't need anything. Just follow the guide.

Please use a 32GB or lower m/SD when A9LHing. Then copy over to your larger m/SD after done. You can even get a 256GB mSD if you'd like. Just make sure to properly FAT32 format it so it will work. Same goes for 64-128GB.

If you wait a little, you might not even need another 3DS or game cart. We may just be able to bypass DSiWareHax completely. Just Go buy one, sit on it, AND DO NOT UPDATE SYSTEM for the love of Mario.

Last edited by Osmosis,

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found a new3ds at Walmart, can anyone tell me what firmware this is based on the serial number? Thanks

20161211_232106.jpg

20161211_232102.jpg

Attachments

• 20161211_232102.jpg
    20161211_232102.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?
    @SylverReZ forgor to tag lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.
    maybe tomorrow lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond. They have a GBAtemp account here, you know.
    oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post
    tbh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Would've been a great idea, because they'll notice.
    +1
    im not a very bright individual, but we live and we learn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Veho for those that want to experience being sonic the hedgehog