Gaming Button durability?

Hatashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How good are the DSi's buttons?
I bought mine 3 days ago, and have been playing some button intensive games (Pokemon/Kart), so I was wondering, how long will the buttons go for?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well I've had my DSi since ~Dec 2009, & had no problems at all with the buttons until recently (about a fortnight ago)....

The Right Hand Shoulder button is getting a little 'iffy', but a quick blow into it seems to cure it for a while
(haven't got round to opening it up to give it a real cleanup yet)

All other buttons still working just as well as when I first got it

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
I've had my XL since launch, and all buttons but R work properly. I think the reason the R doesn't work is because that's one that gets pushed on really hard when in my pocket... The DSi and DSiXL buttons feel REALLY similar.

Posts merged

I've had my XL since launch, and all buttons but R work properly. I think the reason the R doesn't work is because that's one that gets pushed on really hard when in my pocket... The DSi and DSiXL buttons feel REALLY similar.

shiningnegro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i may only have a DSLite but i did put in over 5k mario kart races and tons of other games. I know its because of mario kart my d-pad is very loose no function lost but its just really loose but that was because of "snaking" if you know that term. The buttons are perfectly fine and the shoulders have never went out. I do have a dead pixel on the touch screen which annoys me but its always been there ive had my ds since summer 2009

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CA519705950 said:
If you take care of your DSi, the buttons will last forever and a day.
Mine has been through hell and back. Its been so used, that the case has been discolored, and the L trigger has been cracked. Everything still works as intended most of the time.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentum Vir said:
CA519705950 said:
Mine has been through hell and back. Its been so used, that the case has been discolored, and the L trigger has been cracked. Everything still works as intended most of the time.
I think Nintendo's build quality has always been good. I've had my N64 for years... it's taken a bit of a beating and still works fine.
EDIT: touch wood, no jinxing.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had no problems whatsoever with the buttons of my XL. Build quality seems pretty good for the most part, except for that problem with dust under the shoulder buttons (which I have yet to experience).

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CA519705950 said:
Argentum Vir said:
CA519705950 said:
I think Nintendo's build quality has always been good. I've had my N64 for years... it's taken a bit of a beating and still works fine.
I might take a few pictures to show how beat up it is.
tongue.gif

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shiningnegro said:
I know its because of mario kart my d-pad is very loose no function lost but its just really loose but that was because of "snaking" if you know that term.

mario kart - the best killer buttons

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentum Vir said:
CA519705950 said:
Argentum Vir said:
CA519705950 said:
I might take a few pictures to show how beat up it is.
tongue.gif
Haha! This I would like to see... sounds kind of funny
wink.gif
. Wonder how it compares to my brother's DSL?

Hatashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendo is pretty serious with how their quality is, that is for sure.
Only now I remember I had a GBA SP for over 3 years, playing button-mashing games all day long, and its still working as good as it should be.

Only sad thing is, you don't see this with Playstation, I've had a PSP for 1 year, and my button X was to 40% unresponsive and was only held into its place by the cover, and the start/select/+/- buttons were loose too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-