Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
mcj said:
podunk1269 said:
I disagree mcj, yes some to flame, but they are also expressing thier opinion on a hot topic, the very thing that makes a forum a forum isnt it? Anyways, this site is more populatr than ever. Yes we have some problems; constant flames, immature admins (one in particualr, but he's a kid, cut him some slack), and the people that break the rules. MY point is, yes I have one, we are a community are a lot better than others, and gbatemp will always be a work in progress, constanly improving. And if you dont like the flaming in a topic, here's an idea, DON'T CLICK ON IT!!!!

Yay my rant is complete, feel free to flame, dont really give a shit

I'm not going to flame you, or cut anyone slack because they are a kid. The last thread teq started in hopes of technical discussion turned into a flame war. And more often than not they are expressing their opinion about someone's post and not the topic at hand. I can deal with the wild speculation and the "can we overflow the dvd and inject 0s and 1s till it crashes then inject code through the SD", but people like F0ur2o need to be flat out banned.

Again, the mods are doing next to nothing. If they don't want to lock the thread fine but ban the trouble makers.

And just because this site is "more popular than ever" doesn't mean it's good.
Well I agree and disagree

agree: people like F0ur2o should be banned

disagree: cutting JPH Slack cause he's a kid (oh everyone knew who I was talking about) This is probably his first admin postition and everyone has to start somewhere, get off it

and your last line "And just because this site is "more popular than ever" doesn't mean it's good."

Then don't visit, log-in, or post on the damn site if it's not good. That's on you, not the site

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
GBATemp usually doesn't get this bad, and when it does it's a damn shame. It gives a bad image that this type of this happens, which luckly isn't often. This is why I stay out of the really technical convos.
smile.gif

It only gets this bad when word spreads that there is a chance for people to play games without a modchip, or something when the homebrew channel came out, or when VC were able to be installed. By Monday, it'll all be blown over. But it shouldn't even get this far.

And I stand by my comments about the lack of moderation. I've been online plenty of times when this was going on and mods were online and locking topics on other sections of the forums, but the flame wars persisted here. I know they can't be everywhere at once, but attention needs to be paid to these children that are ruining for everyone else.

And I'm not going to let some 13 year olds without a clue run me off the site

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's a novel idea! How about we WAIT!!! When July 25th comes, we'll see if there's a new post from Bushings that has the details or the actual patch/crack!

Untill July 25th, we won't know what his intentions are, unless he actually POSTS THEM!

So, for now, let's just SPECULATE about how it's done... maybe get someone who knows the internals of the Wii to test some theories...

And remember, these are all THEORIES!! Don't bash or flame someone because their thoughts sound stupid... it might be the stupid things that lead to awesome ideas!

From now on, every time someone posts something offtopic, I will report it... flame someone, I'll report it... THIS IS A REAL DISCUSSION THREAD... wanna get something off your chest, there's the BLOG section, or the OFF-TOPIC section... go there!

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mcj said:
And I stand by my comments about the lack of moderation. I've been online plenty of times when this was going on and mods were online and locking topics on other sections of the forums, but the flame wars persisted here. I know they can't be everywhere at once, but attention needs to be paid to these children that are ruining for everyone else.
Well I'm looking at the report center here and I don't see a single report from you regarding the flaming situation. We can only deal with what we see, you know. We can't check every single thread.
lecture.gif
And I'm going to leave it at that.

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shuny said:
He won't leak anything about the softmod.

And how do you know? Are you Bushings? Are you Bushings brother/sister/mother/father? Do you know Bushings personally?

NO. You cannot say what someone else is going to do. This is usless banter that doesn't belong here!

Wait until the 25th, and then we'll know.

This is also a call out to Bushings... please come in and end the speculation. Even if it's to lie to us and get Nintendo off their asses to contact you.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
zidane_genome said:
Shuny said:

And how do you know? Are you Bushings? Are you Bushings brother/sister/mother/father? Do you know Bushings personally?

NO. You cannot say what someone else is going to do. This is usless banter that doesn't belong here!

This is also a call out to Bushings... please come in and end the speculation. Even if it's to lie to us and get Nintendo off their asses to contact you.

The goal of bushing is pretty clear : Getting the mail of an engineer of Nintendo to fix this flaw and learn some informations about the Wii . Bushing never released the Trucha hack and he won't release this one too. He may even lie about this hack, using his popularity to get Nintendo attention

TMIMTWUTCSOBAMHRTH

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shuny said:
The goal of bushing is pretty clear : Getting the mail of an engineer of Nintendo to fix this flaw and learn some informations about the Wii . Bushing never released the Trucha hack and he won't release this one too. He may even lie about this hack, using his popularity to get Nintendo attention

Even after the mods have said that everyone needs to come down you all keep spewing the same crap. I fear the day whatever this hack/crack/exploit gets released.

It's not a flame when it's the truth

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shuny said:
zidane_genome said:
Shuny said:

TMIMTWUTCSOBAMHRTH

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everyone stop flaming each other. Flames in this topic from here on out will warrant a suspension.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but I wasn't flaming. I was speaking the truth. One mod asked every one to cool it, obviously nobody (Shuny) listened.

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hitto said:
Well, nintendo doesn't need to do anything against piracy, they have a master plan :
Don't release anymore games
hehe.gif

Well their masterplan is more like making shitty addons and such.

Kaer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like news is spreading, Slashdot has an article about waninkoko's recent releases and news of a supposed PSP emulator for Wii.

Linky

dobbod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcan has just posted @ elotrolado:
http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_estimada-ni...260#p1712755783

He says they found the bug while working on a way to enable DVD reading (this was before Waninkoko's cIOS and patchmii code). They got the Wii to read DVD-R's on unencrypted mode, but then they found out that it worked without a modchip.

They haven't been able to run backups, they simply got to enable DVD-R reading without a modchip, but he says that with some more hacks it could be used to load them.

Oh, and the way that was posted on the other thread (that got closed) by nitrohax isn't the way to go.

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dobbod said:
marcan has just posted @ elotrolado:
http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_estimada-ni...260#p1712755783

He says they found the bug while working on a way to enable DVD reading (this was before Waninkoko's cIOS and patchmii code). They got the Wii to read DVD-R's on unencrypted mode, but then they found out that it worked without a modchip.

They haven't been able to run backups, they simply got to enable DVD-R reading without a modchip, but he says that with some more hacks it could be used to load them.

I can't read that language, but I'm guessing you can... can you give a little more info about it? is it an IOS hack/patch?

dobbod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marcan doesn't mention anything about how did they do it, either IOS or anything. Full translation:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
Wence wrote: a question for marcansoft: ¿Have you been able to run backups that way?

Not yet, but we perfectly know that it's possible (but it's not trivial). It's not a theory, but a fact - in fact this is what I mentioned on the thread of Waninkoko's genplus (in other thread from EOL where waninkoko announced the modified genplus to read from DVD, marcan mentioned they also achieved that, but in a different way). We had been able to do exactly the same (functionally), but without the need for a chip. The thing is that we didn't want to turn it onto something that would end up on backup loading.

QUOTE said:
mujamao wrote:¿Is reverse engineering legal?
You have to improve your google skils. It is.

Oh, and the theory that so many people jerked off about on gbatemp is NOT the correct one.

For the ones who say that what bushing had done is illegal on EEUU, I'll say that this exploit was practically completely discovered by european members from the team (while bushing was sleeping), so he has nothing to do (what happens is that bushing is good with this letter and public communications thing, so he's the one who has to do those things xD)

JavierEA wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if they caught bushing as hackmii.com is registered to him
The domain is owned by bushing, the server is owned by me.

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, yea, I was reading the last few pages in BableFish translator... not the best one out there, lol, but manageable...

From what i read, they are just going over the drive expolit that nitrotux found... putting the drive in debug mode, then rewrite the firmware a bit...

I'm thinking that's the best way (if the only way) to softmod the Wii...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee