Burning Super Smash Bros Brawl

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by joshwill80, Jun 9, 2009.

Jun 9, 2009
  1. joshwill80
    OP

Newcomer joshwill80 Advanced Member

United States
    Hello,

I recently got a D2Pro installed. I'm wanting to back up SSBB soon on a dual layer disc. I only have +r dual layers, as -r dual layers are much harder to find, especially good ones. My +r's are Verbatim. Will the game still work OK even though it's a +r? Any of you had any success burning SSBB in such a way?

2. supermodchips

Member supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I am not sure but it may need a specific layer break which is only available when using DVD-R disks. It could work but getting a DVD-R may be the thing you need.

3. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    There is no specific layer break you need.

Burning on a +R is fine as well. However the Wii can be picky with the hardware combination you use.

I burned it to a DVD+R DL with media ID RICOHJPN-D01-67 on a Samsung WriteMaster SATA burner at 4x -- entire game works flawlessly.

Mind you, I own the game, I just wanted to burn it to see if I could [​IMG]

Who told you that? I layer break ALL the time with DVD+R DL's.

4. Moose13

Member Moose13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You can only set layer breaks on +R discs. When you use -R discs, the 1st layer is completely filled, that it proceeds to the 2nd layer.
    If you don't have the discs yet, get the +R's. The -R discs are good for making data backups, but you can run into problems buring movies (and can't burn 360 discs) since you can't set layer breaks.

5. supermodchips

Member supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Opps. Sorry. I got my infor mixed up. Please disregard what I said.

6. afnuke

Member afnuke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have like ten different brands of dvd's some + and some - .....have bought whatever is cheapest off ebay.......they all work.....its the computer and the burner, not the dvd's, unless they are scratched. My SSBB, I had to manually set the layer break and it works no prob. I DONT use HBC though, its hardmod with drivekey .....works great