XP
Country
New Zealand
MODE: mode 1/dvd
Offset: 0
Block: 2048
TOC: CD-ROM/DVD

Misc: untick all only tick add post-gap

Put the burn speed to minimum too and don't let Diskjuggler "repair" the file if it offers. If it still doesn't work maybe a bad image, bad cd's or your DC's laser doesn't like CD-R's. You can look at how to adjust the laser (google) but never did myself.

If there is only one track in the image it isn't self-boot and you need a boot disk. If there are two tracks track one is the boot disk image and it will automatically run and then start the game.

theotherfreakygu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I don't know what to tell ya. You could just try higher quality CD-Rs, they probably have them at Best Buy or RadioShack or something. What type or CD-Rs are you using?
Ironically, I have actually had more success with the Gamma loader on Wii than I have on Dreamcast. If you've got a Wii, you could try that, or if you have a homebrew-equipped GC, you could try GCOS, but you would need to get the top of it off or get 8cm DVD-Rs...
And well if you have LittleBigPlanet, I'm willing to play that over winter break
tongue.gif

Sorry I dunno what else to tell you. Maybe you could use your 360 controller on your PC with ePSXe to play PSX isos.
Good Luck

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Wanted said:
MODE: mode 1/dvd
Offset: 0
Block: 2048
TOC: CD-ROM/DVD

Misc: untick all only tick add post-gap

If it still doesn't work maybe a bad image, bad cd's or your DC's laser doesn't like CD-R's. You can look at how to adjust the laser but never did myself.

thats what i was looking for ill try it with sonic shuffle if it works ill try those settings with soul caliber if soul caliber doesnt work theotherfreakyguy was right but i will give it one last shot.

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
theotherfreakyguy said:
Sorry, I don't know what to tell ya. You could just try higher quality CD-Rs, they probably have them at Best Buy or RadioShack or something. What type or CD-Rs are you using?
Ironically, I have actually had more success with the Gamma loader on Wii than I have on Dreamcast. If you've got a Wii, you could try that, or if you have a homebrew-equipped GC, you could try GCOS, but you would need to get the top of it off or get 8cm DVD-Rs...
And well if you have LittleBigPlanet, I'm willing to play that over winter break
tongue.gif

Sorry I dunno what else to tell you. Maybe you could use your 360 controller on your PC with ePSXe to play PSX isos.
Good Luck

well i dont really want to run homebrew on my dreamcast, just the full games

i was using memorex cd-r. they are 700mb and can go 52x speed 80min

i dont have playstation

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ok i tried it with the sonic shuffle and it didnt work so i officialy give up....

oh well i have a paper to write about how china violates human rights

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah man, the Dreamcast. Good times. Man, I remember Discjuggler images coming out days before the game would be released. But to answer your question, it reads CD-Rs, not DVD-Rs. At least not without modification. And you shouldn't need the Utopia boot disc for anything, everything should have been repackaged to run by themselves.

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yea but when I put in the CD-R disk, it just runs it through the Music section thinking its an audio disc with 2 songs, track 1 and track 2, that dont play any music. When I click games it says please insert a game disc.

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM

Dreamcasts come in 3 types: Revision 0, 1, and 2. If you have revision 0 and 1 (the older kind) you can run backups fine. If you have revision 2, there will be some trouble. Unfornutely, my Dreamcaust is revision 2. Does anyone know about this and how I can run backups? (ie special bootdisk)

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZenithMarth said:
I FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM

Dreamcasts come in 3 types: Revision 0, 1, and 2. If you have revision 0 and 1 (the older kind) you can run backups fine. If you have revision 2, there will be some trouble. Unfornutely, my Dreamcaust is revision 2. Does anyone know about this and how I can run backups? (ie special bootdisk)

AS ABOVE use the UTOPIA BOOT DISK!

I also pointed this out in another thread you made
smile.gif

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZenithMarth said:
are you guys retarded
QUOTE(ZenithMarth @ Dec 17 2008, 05:28 PM) i got no friends

Maybe they got sick of being called retards.

Anyway, if your DC is the type that won't play backups, then you pretty much are outta luck unless you buy another one that will play them. I don't think they will even work with a boot disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn