Burning a VCD

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Sephi, Aug 17, 2008.

Aug 17, 2008

Burning a VCD by Sephi at 2:06 AM (1,051 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Sephi
    OP

Member Sephi fool

United States
    I need to burn a movie to a CD (no extra blank DVDs left) so I can play it on my DVD player, but my knowledge of VCDs is limited to only knowing that the quality sucks. Right now I have a program to convert avi videos to the appropriate codec for CDs, but I don't know anything about burning it, can I burn the video just with imgburn, or do I need a specific program?

edit: guess I'll just keep googling....

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
  3. Sephi
    OP

Member Sephi fool

United States
    Are miniDVDs any cheaper than regular DVDs? It's been a while since I've seen 'em

My good DVD player isn't here, all I have is one of those really cheap apex players here right now, but it does have the 'indent' thing in it to fit miniDVDs. My good DVD player probably has it too since it's only about 1-2 years old.

4. pinesal

Member pinesal GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I used to burn VCDs a lot of DVD players will play them but sometimes the only way to know is to burn one and try it.

You should be able to find lots of info on how to burn a VCD. VCDs are still popular in asian countries.

I know a VCD is MPEG1 if that helps at all.

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I think I used a program called Fireburner back when I made VCDs. Don't remember if it lets you use the higher-quality VCD2 setting though.