DbGt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Probably theres nothing i can do, but I have a clean nand backup of fw 4.1, i updated my switch long time ago using rajikosto method (long guide) to 5.1, had only 5 burned fuses.

I took a long flight with my switchs (autorcm) battery completely drained, i tried charging the switch with the planes power outlets but it was not charging at all, i was in fact losing charge (i was checking with hekate, had about 1% of battery).

I figured that maybe if i removed autorcm with hekate, the switch will charge normally. So i did that but only got my switch to burn the 4.1 fuses. The switch didnt charged normally, I couldnt charged it during the flight, I also never boot to horizon nor i was able to use the switch during the flight, but now i have 6 burned fuses.

I got somewhat annoyed as i have read a lot and thought i knew what i was doing. After thinking about it all, i dont care too much about burned fuses but i do care about my clean nand backup

is there something i could do?? could i edit my clean backup and change its fw from 4.1 to 5.1? so i can use it and restore it if necessary? Is my backup useless now?

how could i create another clean nand backup?

Last edited by DbGt,

asnka

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
did you leave it in the dock charging over night yet?
I have had autorcm battery problems twice...and an over night dock charge fixed it..

DbGt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
did you leave it in the dock charging over night yet?
I have had autorcm battery problems twice...and an over night dock charge fixed it..

I already fixed that and i have recovered a few times from a dead battery with autorcm

my problem is another, i burned my switch fuses by mistake and my clean nand backup is of a lower fw, i am asking if theres anything i could do to still be able to use this clean backup

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restore your backup, boot ofw with hekate(rcm) so it ignores the fuses, then update to a versión that match your fuse count with a game cart or just go online and update.

Another option is using choidujour, but its riskier ban wise because it involves cfw.

Once you update to a fw with the same fuse count number than your hardware you wont need hekate, if you update to a version with more burned fuses it will burn them and boot normally without the need of RCM.

Last edited by xabier,

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
  • Restore your clean 4.1 NAND backup
  • Boot using Hekate's "stock" option, which skips the fuse check (Personally, I'd just boot Hekate without the SD card inserted, to be 100% sure I don't have a "dirty" Nintendo folder)
  • I'd then update using an "official" method (either directly to 6.0 using OFW update, or to 5.1 using an actual cartridge). Because ChoiDujourNX needs CFW and HB Loader, I personally don't want to use those when making my "clean" NAND backup
  • Then make a new NAND backup after updating
EDIT: Ninja'd :ninja: :gun: @xabier :P

Last edited by bundat,
Reactions: klear and DbGt

asnka

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
I already fixed that and i have recovered a few times from a dead battery with autorcm

my problem is another, i burned my switch fuses by mistake and my clean nand backup is of a lower fw, i am asking if theres anything i could do to still be able to use this clean backup
As far as i know....youre boned..sorry..

DbGt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Restore your backup, boot ofw with hekate(rcm) so it ignores the fuses, then update to a versión that match your fuse count with a game cart or just go online and update.

Another option is using choidujour, but its riskier ban wise because it involves cfw.

Once you update to a fw with the same fuse count number than your hardware you wont need hekate, if you update to a version with more burned fuses it will burn them and boot normally without the need of RCM.

• Restore your clean 4.1 NAND backup
  • Boot using Hekate's "stock" option, which skips the fuse check (Personally, I'd just boot Hekate without the SD card inserted, to be 100% sure I don't have a "dirty" Nintendo folder)
  • I'd then update using an "official" method (either directly to 6.0 using OFW update, or to 5.1 using an actual cartridge). Because ChoiDujourNX needs CFW and HB Loader, I personally don't want to use those when making my "clean" NAND backup
  • Then make a new NAND backup after updating
EDIT: Ninja'd :ninja: :gun: @xabier :P

Thank you very much for your help! wow didnt knew this was possible, i thought i was screwed

So, whats the point of doing a new clean nand backup if I still can use the one i have???

I dont have any game cart except for mario odyssey, so my only option would be to update by connecting online. But i would prefer not to burn more fuses, and I still dont see the need to update to 6.0

So, can i just keep my old clean backup and continue like nothing happened?

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So, whats the point of doing a new clean nand backup if I still can use the one i have???
When using Hekate to boot a lower firmware (which requires less burned fuses than you have), sleep mode is broken, and when the Switch goes to sleep, it crashes:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...tore-crashes-after-sleep.519091/#post-8301468

Also, "continuity" is what matters most to Nintendo's logging, it seems. It's not only about having a "clean" NAND.
i.e. if some logs your Switch sent in the past suddenly go missing, it means you did something questionable to get rid of those logs.
So personally, I make a new NAND backup every time I go "off the grid" (i.e. going from online, then deleting my wifi settings)
And also after each update.

Of course, you don't have to do this NOW, but I recommend doing it when you finally want to connect your Switch to wifi.

DbGt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
When using Hekate to boot a lower firmware (which requires less burned fuses than you have), sleep mode is broken, and when the Switch goes to sleep, it crashes:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...tore-crashes-after-sleep.519091/#post-8301468

Also, "continuity" is what matters most to Nintendo's logging, it seems. It's not only about having a "clean" NAND.
i.e. if some logs your Switch sent in the past suddenly go missing, it means you did something questionable to get rid of those logs.
So personally, I make a new NAND backup every time I go "off the grid" (i.e. going from online, then deleting my wifi settings)
And also after each update.

Of course, you don't have to do this NOW, but I recommend doing it when you finally want to connect your Switch to wifi.

I see, thanks. I use my switch completely offline, Im only interested in the clean backup in case I somehow screw up the switch. At the moment im not interested at all in playing online or connecting the switch online.

I will then keep my old clean backup for now as my main backup, thank again

rychii

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bumping this, I have the exact same issue. I have a clean backup of 4.1, didn't know anything about burning fuses and updated to 7.0 without realizing, then tried to downgrade back. My question is, if I boot into 4.1 using hekate after restoring the nand, and I go online and update officially, will I get banned? Do I need to wipe my logs or something?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumping this, I have the exact same issue. I have a clean backup of 4.1, didn't know anything about burning fuses and updated to 7.0 without realizing, then tried to downgrade back. My question is, if I boot into 4.1 using hekate after restoring the nand, and I go online and update officially, will I get banned? Do I need to wipe my logs or something?

Your fuse is burn so no point of downgrading as you would always have to use a boot loader now to boot.

rychii

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your fuse is burn so no point of downgrading as you would always have to use a boot loader now to boot.

Thing is I already downgraded and I've tried using the sdsetup instructions to help but with no avail. My problem is upgrading back to 7.0-7.01

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is I already downgraded and I've tried using the sdsetup instructions to help but with no avail. My problem is upgrading back to 7.0-7.01

Your fuse is burn so you wouldn't be able to boot into OFW without a bootloader, as for updating back into 7.0.1 you can use ChoidujourNX if you can boot into CFW.

rychii

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your fuse is burn so you wouldn't be able to boot into OFW without a bootloader, as for updating back into 7.0.1 you can use ChoidujourNX if you can boot into CFW.
I'm unable to boot into any bootloader, however when I pushed the sxos payloader, it booted into OFW, I'm just wondering if i go online to update, would I get banned or not

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +1
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D