Bunjallo vs DSOrganize

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Inuuto, Mar 8, 2010.

Mar 8, 2010

Bunjallo vs DSOrganize by Inuuto at 1:44 AM (4,613 Views / 0 Likes) 42 replies

1. Inuuto
    OP

Member Inuuto Enigmatic

United States
    Does Bunjallo or DSOrganize support RSS? When you download from any of those browsers is a progress bar shown (Like the PSP)? Lastly which browser downloads files faster?

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I believe they both use the default wifi libs, so they download at the same speed of 14~16kb/s.
    It should be possible to add the DSLinux wifi libs to Bunjalloo (And DSOrganize) since both are opensource, but it would take someone who knows what they're doing to do so.

Not sure if it matters, but right now, DSOrganize refuses to connect to my wireless but Bunjalloo has no problem.
    Scratch that... DSOrganize just NEEDS to have "http://" before the address, other wise it won't load.
    Actually... It just seemsd like DSOrganize kinda sucks as a web browser... it refuses to load the mobile site I've tried (http://m.twitter.com) and just gave me a red screen of death after trying to load google from the bookmarks after it.

Also it quickly gets "DSOrganize has run out of free file handles" errors.

3. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Somehow, all of your threads seem to whisper an extremely low use of the searchbar and google.
    In any case, if you look on the official websites for both of them, you can see that they both don't have a word about rss, though I believe there is an RSS reader in HW_OS2, though I have never tried it.

4. Inuuto
    OP

Member Inuuto Enigmatic

United States
    I actually do use google however I want to ask questions on this site since it is more known.

5. choconado

Member choconado Doesn't understand a damn thing on here

United States
    to be fair, Google is quickly becoming the not-funny joke of a search engine that the bing commercials used to make it out to be. Though those commercials were true cases of the pot calling the kettle black, as bing is no better for its websearch. Half the time I try to search for anything, I get lots of results that pay no attention to my filters.

But back on subject: DSOrganize randomly deleted several of my files, then started crashing consistantly. Pass.

6. twiztidsinz

United States
    Yeah... I've noticed a lot of garbage links in google results lately...
    Pages that on the bottom of the page have a dictionary of words at 2pt font on the bottom.

I actually just installed the Bing search to Firefox's search bar.

7. AAcrazyman

Member AAcrazyman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ive heard links for DSlinux (links is a web browser) is suppose to be like 10 times faster than Bunjaloo or DSOrganize.... problem is you have to get a slot 2 card for ram (like the M3 GBA Expansion Pack or the EZ FLASH 3in1), and figure out how to use DSlinux! lol

8. twiztidsinz

United States
    Unfortunately, neither of them seem to be included with the single file DSLinux build.
    I'm going to try the other builds now and I'll update the info here.

9. ChuckMcB

Member ChuckMcB GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Inuuto, if you need RSS support have a try with NDSMail, it displays RSS feeds as well as POP e-mail.

10. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    By the looks of things you have downloading files in mind, and either way its going to be slow on whatever browser you use

The DS isn't made for this, just stick to your PSP

11. AAcrazyman

United States
    any update on DSlinux, twiztidsinz?

12. twiztidsinz

United States

13. choconado

Member choconado Doesn't understand a damn thing on here

United States
    let me know what you find out. I can't make heads nor tails of DSLinux. Even with the Wiki. And 99% of the people that answer my questions for help just respond with "Read the Wiki--you CLOD! " Which, as I said, helps me not at all.

14. Dangy

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    Same here. I guess I just suck at Linux.

15. twiztidsinz

United States
    Read my post above.... I couldn't get it to work.

16. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    DSLinux is dead btw. No point asking twiztidsinz for updates. Is it not complete and stable enough?

17. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    The thing with DSLinux is that you have to be specific when asking for help or else "read the wiki" is the best answer you're going to get.

I'll go ahead and say right now that I'm fairly positive you can't do anything useful with DSLinux without supported slot-2 RAM. Trying to connect to wifi with "wnc" is likely to cause you to run out of RAM.

You can try searching the forums for a build Sonny_Jim did to try to cut down on RAM usage as much as possible, but I don't know if it works at all.

18. twiztidsinz

United States
  19. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Yup, that would probably be it. Again, I've never run DSLinux without slot-2 RAM (since I can only launch it from my slot-2 Supercard) so I was never able to test and see how well it worked from a slot-1 device.

20. AAcrazyman

United States
    UPDATE! i have the multi file build on my acekard 2.1 and i am using my ez-flash 3in1 for slot 2 ram.
    I typed wnc, clicked enter, then i selected my network and clicked enter, and it connected! then i typed links and clicked enter. links opened up! loaded up facebook moblie, m.facebook.com, and it worked!... but there were no pictures or html elements. there was only text!

now, i cant figure out how to make pictures and html work on links! [​IMG]