Hacking Built in Emulators for the M3 Real/Zero

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just replaced the built-in GameBoy emulator which isnt GBC compatable in the SYSTEM folder with the latest GOOMBA COLOUR 31/03/08 and it works.

All you do is download goombacolor_3_31_2008
In your SYSTEM folder on your SD card there is a file called INTRO_GB.BIN back this file up
from the goombacolor_3_31_2008 Zip copy the file Goomba.gba into the SD card system folder and rename to INTRO_GB.BIN
Now copy your GB and GBC roms to your GBA folder on your SD card and voila GB and GBC rom support direct from M3 Real!

P.S. you need a GBA RAM cart or Ram/Rumble cart in Slot-2 for any GBA stuff, strangley this only works in the Touchpod menu and not Sakura.

Now to test to see if I can upgrade the other emulators as the M3 Real has the following built in:
GameBoy
Sega Master System
PC-Engine
NES and SNES

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK
tried replacing the PCEAdvance 6.7 with Version 7.5 doesnt seem to work
tried replacing the PocketNES 9.95 with Version 9.98 doesnt seem to work
:-(

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
All I know for built in emulators in touchpad is GB, GBC, and Nes
I have tested several roms and no good
Sakura I don't think has any really built in either.
And the other two as far as I know of only work in 2nd slot flash cards. I got them to work on m3 lite.

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are correct in Sakura the ROMS dont even show up in the GBA folder. but was bored and decided to play about with DS Lite, as I need a DSi Player card for DSi to play GBA stuff.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RalphUp said:
You are correct in Sakura the ROMS dont even show up in the GBA folder. but was bored and decided to play about with DS Lite, as I need a DSi Player card for DSi to play GBA stuff.
Yeah I thought they wouldn't work. I normally use emulators like Lameboy really.
You could wait for the Supercard2 to come out for the GBA and SNES support on DSi

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats what I was thinking of, instead of buying the iPlayer card. but I am in no rush, happy with my DSi and M3-Zero at the moment.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The iPlayer isn't that great, it doesn't have rom support
And I would stick with the M3i Zero for now, it works and gets the job done and that's all that counts really ^-^

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
the pce emulator built in is worthless, you cannot play roms from it....you have to install an emulator with roms injected into the emulator...therefor the one that comes installed on m3 is worthless since it has no roms injected into it and it cannot play rom files from anywhere else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1