1. Mightyjebus

OP Mightyjebus Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I picked up a Switch that boots straight to the Blue screen as soon as the power button is pressed. I wasn't sure if this was Hardware or Software causing the issue so I made a RCM jig and booted up into TegraRCMGUI (first time I'm using RCM mode BTW).

Tegra shows the console connected. I uploaded the Tegraexplorer payload and after little bit of time the screen shows text. In my case it tells me:

"An error occured:

Function: dump_biskey
    Errcode: 57
    Desc: BIKSEY DUMP FAILED

Press any button to return!

when I press any key I get to the main menu. Right now I have issues mounting a SD card but I'm working on that seperately (could be card reader slot for all I know about the history of this switch).

So if I'm right in thinking this means I have a software BSOD and not a Hardware BSOD. If it was HW I think it wouldn't allow Tegraexplorer to run.

So my issue is that when I try to upload any other payload, for example, Hekate I get an message saying:

Smashed the stack with a 0x7000 byte SETUP request!
    Payload successfully injected

At this point I don't see anything on the screen. Researching this suggests that the file is either corrupt (tried 2 different downloads now with same error) or the switch is patched. I have no way to check the switch serial number as the sticker is missing from the bottom of the console.

My question is, how can I confirm the switch is patched? Is there an other payloads that will share the console serial or tell me if it is patched?

The only other info I could get from this console was from Tegraexplorer in console info which gave the following info:

Fuse count: 12
    PKG1 id: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    BIS_KEY_00
    xx
    xx
    BIS_KEY_01
    xx
    xx
    BIS_KEY_02 & 03
    xx
    xx

then failed to init SD card etc

I'm a newbie when it comes to the RCM mode so any help would be very welcome.

FXDX likes this.
  2. FXDX

FXDX GBAtemp Regular

Dominican Republic
    BSOD - Nand corrupt or bad eMMC, bad soldering memory ram, bad soldering SoC Nvidia Tegra, logic board bent.

Last edited by FXDX, May 24, 2020
    Agilato likes this.
  3. Mightyjebus

OP Mightyjebus Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I think you are right. I can get some form of ayload to work occasionally but it is hit and miss. I tried running the same payloads on another switch and it worked every time.

I fixed a macbook air MB once by baking in an oven. Anyone tried this on a switch MB yet?

FXDX likes this.
  4. FXDX

FXDX GBAtemp Regular

Dominican Republic
    You could try a reflow to the above mentioned components or a reballing if you have everything you need.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-bsod-fix-reballing-emmc-soc-nvidia-tegra.563266/

Last edited by FXDX, May 24, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - options,