1. FXDX

OP FXDX GBAtemp Regular

Dominican Republic
    A Nintendo Swich came into service with the blue screen of death (BSOD)
    The first time i tried was a reball to the eMMC memory, but without success. Then, i turned my attention to the Nvidia Tegra SoC processor. This time after the reball, the console came back to life. It is the second Switch, that i successfully reball.
    This time the footage is of better quality and more explicit. I hope to help those interested a little.
    I apologize for my bad english.

2020_04_22_12_38_IMG_3605.jpg 2020_04_22_16_49_IMG_3629.jpg 2020_04_22_17_47_IMG_3639.jpg

Last edited by FXDX, Apr 23, 2020
  2. ds34

ds34 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    You are working on the coolest project I've seen so far. Keep up the good work. Thanks

FXDX likes this.
  3. FXDX

OP FXDX GBAtemp Regular

Dominican Republic
    Thank you bro very much.:switch:

ds34 likes this.
  4. andres1234

andres1234 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    hi
    how many cases is eMMC fault vs tegra fault?

i learn a lot with you.
    i think with the new hack we have a lot emmc repair. well thanks cools proyect.

FXDX likes this.
  5. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Could there be a way to use a much larger Storage Chip?

FXDX likes this.
  6. FXDX

OP FXDX GBAtemp Regular

Dominican Republic
    Thx ! I had four cases of reball at the Tegra processor and a few cases where eMMC needed reball. A few cases that eMMC were broken and had corrupt nand. To the broken eMMC, i had nothing to do with them because I could not read data from it to rewrite them in another new eMMC.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yes it is possible, you can replace the 32Gb eMMC with one larger than 128 or 256GB, but it only works on consoles that are not patched because you need a nand dump.
    However, I think it would work on a patched console if you dump hardware nand with a programmer who can read and rewrite all eMMC partitions.

Last edited by FXDX, Apr 25, 2020
    Smoker1 likes this.
  7. Winnppl

Winnppl Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Crazy... I was just watching your video on YouTube today doing this reballing. I googled too see if you had a shop, but I couldn’t find any info. Awesome videos man, I have a switch that I can’t get to turn on and I was watching your videos trying to see if you had the same issue as me and if your repair fixed it. Keep up the awesome content.

FXDX likes this.
  8. FXDX

OP FXDX GBAtemp Regular

Dominican Republic
    Thank you very much. I have a small repair shop. I have no higher education in electronics. It's just passion and I'm a self-taught guy. I learned on my own over time. I "specialize" if I can say so in reballing. I've been doing this for a few years........

9. drapolas
    This message by drapolas has been removed from public view by x65943, Oct 28, 2020, Reason: dupe.
    Oct 28, 2020
  10. FXDX
    This message by FXDX has been removed from public view by x65943, Oct 28, 2020, Reason: dupe.
    Oct 28, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Reballing, Nintendo, Switch