Homebrew Browserhax is STILL WORKING

Seita

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Same as OP.

I suspect only the first one really matters, since the second is what I already had from tubehax and it did nothing to protect me.

Only both worked for me, though.

Now that I think of it more deeply, I start to wonder why this affects 9.9+ versions...
There might be a big flaw with this version that Nintendo wants to disappear...

Last edited by Seita,
Reactions: ~Poke~

MarioMoverYT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried almost every trick listed here on my o3DS (10.1.0-27U) (DNS, wireless switch + DNS, everything) and none of them worked.
Seeing as I own an o3DS, I'm probably screwed :/
Do we know if Smashhax works on Old 3DS?

Last edited by MarioMoverYT,

costas94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tajikistan
Just wanted to report that this works for me on a N3DS XL with firmware 9.9.0-26E. I already have Themehax, but it never hurts to have another entrypoint. Thanks for finding this.

Last edited by costas94,

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this pretty much confirms that this ONLY works on new 3ds. Can the OP change the post to reflect that? We don't need more people being sad that they can't access browserhax on o3ds. (like me)

Shnurgle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK so I got homebrew working on my 10.1.0-27 E N3ds and I attempted to install themehax so I downloaded the new starter kit that has the themehax installer and put it on my SD. When I tried to install themehax it gave me an error and said to press start to return to the HBL. I haven't downloaded the new payload yet as I don't know if its necessary. Is that the reason it isn't working?

EDIT: I got it to work by installing the offline themehax installer. Also for those of you who bookmarked the exploit for the browser if it errors refresh and the HBL should load as it did for me and it hasn't failed yet. This may only apply to N3ds users.

Last edited by Shnurgle,

Starrytrails

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on an O3DS and at work right now so I can't test it but I really hope it works for me even though it seems like a N3DS exclusive fix. I hope this isn't the end of homebrew.

Can anyone confirm that ninjhax is still fully functional on O3DS 10.1.0.27-u???

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on N3DS 9.9.0-26E, had the tubehax DNS on since it was first released and got the update message, tried adding the address to the second and it still isn't working, had a couple of errors instead of the message but no success on getting browserhax loading.

Really annoyed because I was going to install themehax today as a precaution for this.

Edit: Got it! Don't know exactly what went off but after trying over and over for about 20 minutes it finally got in, so this does work! Currently installing themehax and grabbing the Smash demo for Smash hax as well.

Last edited by G25900,

LuigiBro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed a lot of worry about browserhax being blocked. It's partly true BUT, there is away to make it work.
I am running an n3dsxl 9.9 and here is what I found with some experiments.
If I load the browser AFTER,say, 20 seconds or so (after booting my n3ds) it gives me the update message.
What I did is to put primary at 107.211.140.165 and secondary dns at 107.211.140.065.
Boot the browser as soon as your 3ds starts. VERY IMPORTANT.
There you go. Your browserhax should work.
I hope this helps.
I think this only works for New 3DS People. I have tried for over 15 min on a o3DS and got nothin but a flat out Update message

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wake up. So I haven't read all the 5 pages, only scanned through first page and this fifth page. So this fix is only for N3DS, correct? Is this fix permanent or just a by pass to install themehax? I meant does this remove the update snag for good on N3DS?

Last edited by tivu100,

kn1v3s

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it's definitely gotta be N3DS only for this workaround, I'm on o3DS 9.9 with the 1.7 browser and no matter what I try it won't get past the update message. Here's hoping something ends up working. Thanks everyone for your hard work!!

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the O3DS is dead. N3DS gets the treatment again. Poor O3DS.
Nintendo: Sale matters -> killing all freehax + damage-controlling on former clearance bin game A.K.A Cubic Ninja. SmashHax boost the game & N3DS sale. Smash Demo is use limited. OOT has limited cartridge release & being secondary hax = calculated risk. OOT Eshop can be used for one system = controllable risk = profit through game sale.
For those with Old3DS try deleting history and cookies before executing browserhax.
Did that work for you or just guessing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...