Hacking Browser failed connection

Ecchibakka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi guys i recently changed from an 8gb sd to an 16gb sd , i followed the tutorial and when i had to use the browser an option pop up saying i had to accept conditions to use the browser, didn't happen the last time i used it a month ago, didn't care so i just accept it, it appeared twice, after accepting it says "failed connection" i tried everything i found until now to fix the problem, but nothing changed, can't open anything and the router works fine since i can use wi-fi on the phone, the sysnand didn't update (4.2.0-9u) i hope you guys can help me or telling me if my console is already unable to run cfw.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys i recently changed from an 8gb sd to an 16gb sd , i followed the tutorial and when i had to use the browser an option pop up saying i had to accept conditions to use the browser, didn't happen the last time i used it a month ago, didn't care so i just accept it, it appeared twice, after accepting it says "failed connection" i tried everything i found until now to fix the problem, but nothing changed, can't open anything and the router works fine since i can use wi-fi on the phone, the sysnand didn't update (4.2.0-9u) i hope you guys can help me or telling me if my console is already unable to run cfw.
What happens when you test the connection in the Internet settings? (Not that I have any idea how to help, just a thought)

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you get online in any other software (games, eShop etc)? Have you tried deleting and recreating your connection settings? Can you log in to your router, find the IP address of your 3DS and try to ping the IP?

Reactions: Quantumcat

Ecchibakka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can you get online in any other software (games, eShop etc)? Have you tried deleting and recreating your connection settings? Can you log in to your router, find the IP address of your 3DS and try to ping the IP?
i didn't try to enter the eShop, never really used it before i'll try, i did recreation the connection and formatting the system too, what do you mean by finding the ip ? i tried manually put in the ip dns etc on the configuration is it the same ?

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, well try anything else which utilises an Internet connection and see if that works. With regard to finding the IP address, no I don't mean manually entering the IP configuration for connecting to the router, I mean finding out which IP address has been allocated to the 3DS by the router and then trying to ping it from a computer to see if it is really connected.

Ecchibakka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok, well try anything else which utilises an Internet connection and see if that works. With regard to finding the IP address, no I don't mean manually entering the IP configuration for connecting to the router, I mean finding out which IP address has been allocated to the 3DS by the router and then trying to ping it from a computer to see if it is really connected.
i can enter the e-shop but it asks for a system update so i cancel it.
i have a friend who owns a gateway card, can i use it to install rxtools ? or do i need to use the browser too to launch the gateway ?

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
i can enter the e-shop but it asks for a system update so i cancel it.
Presumably then it is successfully connecting to the eShop in order to establish whether the current FW version is acceptable to use the eShop. So the problem is not with the connection but with the browser itself. Can you try deleting the browser's data and try again? (System Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Extra Data > Internet Browser > Delete).

i have a friend who owns a gateway card, can i use it to install rxtools ? or do i need to use the browser too to launch the gateway ?
Sorry I don't know about that.

Ecchibakka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
when i go to extra data there is only a blank file with nothing write on it, it occupies 371 blocks, should i delete it ?

Ecchibakka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Doesn't sound normal... Am I right in thinking this is on a new SD card with a duplicate of the data on the original?
yes is a new sd card, i transferred the files onto it, i could enter rxtools but after trying to update emunand it ended up like that.

Ecchibakka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Presumably then it is successfully connecting to the eShop in order to establish whether the current FW version is acceptable to use the eShop. So the problem is not with the connection but with the browser itself. Can you try deleting the browser's data and try again? (System Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Extra Data > Internet Browser > Delete).
i deleted the blank file anyway and still the browser doesn't work "connection failed".
i don't know why but it ask me to accept conditions twice, first when i launch it, and after the "internet browser" title appears, after i accept it says "settings saved", but keeps asking me to accept conditions everytime i open the browser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)