Hacking Browser access on 3.0.2 is still possibile?

PEVOx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I've just tried to open the web browser via changing DNS on my Switch. The console is currently running the 3.0.2 version. When I've changed the primary DNS to 045.055.142.122 the console instead of launch the browser tell me that I have to update it.
I've turned on the updates on my console and just delete the update that was already downloaded somewhere (I know that was removed because when I launch a game the console did not show the message "Play or Update")

What can I do?

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
The IP is for switchbru dns, putting it in your switch allows you to browse the Internet using the hidden browser trick.

It doesn't claim to provide update blocking, but I'd like to try to blocking them if possible... problem is I'm not sure which URLs to block.

Currently the following domains are blocked:
Code:
atumn.hac.lp1.d4c.nintendo.net
dauth-lp1.ndas.srv.nintendo.net
beach.hac.lp1.eshop.nintendo.net
consumer.lp1.npns.srv.nintendo.net

I got this list from the reswitched faq and switchbrew, but information on which URLs to block seems scarce, and I wonder if it changes with newer system versions.

@VogrBurn Would you somehow be able to figure out what domains your switch is trying to reach out to? (using a tool like Wireshark), I can then block them on the DNS server.

Reactions: PEVOx

PEVOx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The IP is for switchbru dns, putting it in your switch allows you to browse the Internet using the hidden browser trick.

It doesn't claim to provide update blocking, but I'd like to try to blocking them if possible... problem is I'm not sure which URLs to block.

Currently the following domains are blocked:
Code:
atumn.hac.lp1.d4c.nintendo.net
dauth-lp1.ndas.srv.nintendo.net
beach.hac.lp1.eshop.nintendo.net
consumer.lp1.npns.srv.nintendo.net

I got this list from the reswitched faq and switchbrew, but information on which URLs to block seems scarce, and I wonder if it changes with newer system versions.

@VogrBurn Would you somehow be able to figure out what domains your switch is trying to reach out to? (using a tool like Wireshark), I can then block them on the DNS server.

Okey, so I have to try to monitor the network data from my Switch outside of my local network. Probably there is different URL to block base on my location, because Nintendo has obviously many servers around the world.
Your plan is to block the servers for the updates via DNS and then try the same method for accessing the hidden web browser?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night