Hardware Broken sensor bar

rdurbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if its possible to fix a broken sensor bar. My sensor bar stopped working suddenly earlier today. After I did some test, I found out the left sensor works fine and right does not. I can kinda still move the cursor around, but its extremely eratic. If I take the cursor off the screen it can take up to 30 seconds for the wii to display the cursor again.

I found a temp. solution. I can stick a flashlight on top of the right side and the wii-remotes will work perfectly, but that gonna really kill batteries of flashlights. For some reason the light of the flashlight has the same effect as the sensor bar.

Anyone know a simple solution or am I just gonna have to buy a new one. Yes, I did go to adjust sentisivity but it shows only 1 dot on each of the 5 settings, but with flashlight it shows two.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They work on Infrared LEDs.

The human eye cannot see infrared rays but a lot of cameras and sensors can (hence the Wiimote has a crude IR camera). The sun produces IR rays as well as traditional lightbulbs.

You should probably buy a new sensor bar...its probably not worth your efforts to fix it cause you probably gonna have to do some soldering or LED replacement.

rdurbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They work on Infrared LEDs.

The human eye cannot see infrared rays but a lot of cameras and sensors can (hence the Wiimote has a crude IR camera). The sun produces IR rays as well as traditional lightbulbs.

You should probably buy a new sensor bar...its probably not worth your efforts to fix it cause you probably gonna have to do some soldering or LED replacement.

I just ended up buying one at gamecrazy, they were the only ones that had it. I went to Walmart, target, gamestop, bestbuy, toys r us and NONE of them had it and most of them didnt even know what a wii sensor bar is....

funny thing is when I went there they were asking if I wanted to reserve any games, he mentioned super smash bros. I said no thanks. He than said he just imported it and I said I did the same. He than asked do I have a japanesse wii or modded, I said modded. First time I ever told a retailer that I have a modded wii. Oh well

Anyways I got one of those wireless bars, anyone know how long they last, battery wise. I would of got wired, but no one had it

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
if all else fails u can use 2 candles on top or below the screen(fire gives off IR light), just be careful when doing this and watch for wax run off.

and yes this dose really work i have done it my self when i have forgotten my bar,

infact i find it works quite a bit better. the added light can take away the effect from the game if u play in a dark room tho.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as retarded as this sounds, you can use 2 candles instead of a sensor bar. i forgot mine when i took my wii to a party and we tried the candle trick. it worked just as good if not better as a sensor bar.

rdurbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i know of the candle trick, was using flash lights for a couple of days. I ended up buying a wireless, which use batteries of course. Which comes to my next question.

Does anyone know of a way to automatically boot Gamecube games using wii, I do have a modchip, if its needed. Sensor bar ran out of power and need it to point at the gamecube game. Batteries are charging now, but it would be nice to have a way to do it.

ben_r_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i know of the candle trick, was using flash lights for a couple of days. I ended up buying a wireless, which use batteries of course. Which comes to my next question.

Does anyone know of a way to automatically boot Gamecube games using wii, I do have a modchip, if its needed. Sensor bar ran out of power and need it to point at the gamecube game. Batteries are charging now, but it would be nice to have a way to do it.
Yes that would be! Anyone know if thats possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.