Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
http://techforums.nintendo.com/nins/board/...thread.id=31810

Nintendo has sent me an email to call them. I dont know if this is a bug from modifying my Wii or my Sensor bas has been fallen a few times or if my wii remotes has been bumped a few times.

Ok. so my Wii Remote is not pointing well as the Sensor Bar has so many lights on the screen. after a few hours, it's fixed. Now, when the Wii Remote is on Stand by, the pointer is upside down and then when I move it to the edge of the screen, it's back to normal. Is this a sign Im gong to replace the sensor bar? it's now working fine but the upside down events is annoying. Like I said, it's going to normal when I move it.

it's either my sensor or my wii remote is from korea. my US wii remote, when in stand by, is normal under normal operation. no upside down. I do remember that my korean wii remote has been bumped a few times because of people blocking the play area - standing close to an object resulting in injuries.

The US Wii Remote is also having some upside down issues. Perhaps, I should replace the Sensor Bar ASAP. Thank you for the tips

the upside down is occuring when the wii remote is in stand by (lights were off) and then when resumed, you will need to move it from side to side to continue using it in normal operation. Im still going to buy some sensor bar

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i get this sometimes also. to fix it, i just cover up the fron t(black end) of the wiimote and uncover it. and it magically fixes itself. i suspect that it has to do with the way the wiimote wakes up. but regardless of the cause, the fix is easy for me.

EDIT>>>
also if i wake up the wiimote with it not pointing at the sensor bar it works fine. so its only when the wiimote wakes up while it can see the ir of the sensor bar that it is upside down.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But is it really broken!?

can you borrow one to test?

There's a guide here how to repair/check your sensor bar
smile.gif

you can also check LED's and that they are working correctly just have the Wii on and the bar connected and hold a digital camera (even a mobile phones camera will do) up in front of the bar if its working correctly you will see the 4 LED's on both sides of the bar glowing in the cameras screen
smile.gif

you can also make your own HOMEBREW wireless sensor bar pretty easily

link

from the link above ..

ipawii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone answer why sometimes a mote pointer will sometimes jump around. Is it from having the mote on the edge of the range of the Wii or mote batter life, or is it a possible sensor bar problem.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Is there a lot of reflective surfaces in the room? Mirrors, glass table, pictures, stuff? They might reflect the light of the sensor bar and confuse the Wiimote.

@Chris, the sensor bar is just two blobs of IR to the Wiimote (you can replace it with two candles), so it can't be the problem.

Wait for the remote to go into standby, then "wake it up" holding it the right way up. Or remove the batteries and see what happens when you put them back in.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The sensor bar is NOT a receiver, the Wiimote is.
The only reason it plugs into the Wii is to get current
So the chance its the sensor bar isn't big.

@ipawii: try going to the wii settings and change the Sensitivity of the wiimote (you can find the option under "sensor bar")

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just use 2 candles as a temporary replacement

works better than the actual sensor bar.

if its still all unstable even after messing with the sensitivity settings, then your wiimote is the problem.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
i just bought a brand new pair of Wii Remote and same problem.

The sensor bar is the problem as it was fallen a milltion times. perhaps the wires are a little loose as I always fold it to reduce the space. Wireless Sensor bar is a MUST

PS: I have the money and the resources to buy you know. It's available in a store near me (5 hours away from our city)

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm two candles, bit like an Amish sensor bar... apart from the whole playing a games console bit, oops didn't think this through

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Chris_Skylock said:
The sensor bar is the problem as it was fallen a milltion times.

The sensor bar is just a bunch of diodes. Turn on the Wii, take a digital camera, look at the sensor bar. If you can see the LEDs on it glowing, the sensor bar is working fine. If not, replace it.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The role of the sensor bar is to provide two blobs of IR light at a certain distance from each other. The line between the two blobs should be paralel to the ground. A digital camera can see infrared light. Take a digital camera, turn on the Wii, look at the sensor bar. If you see two groups of lights (they should appear pink on camera), the sensor bar is working fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: