Hacking Broken microSD Management

Horonelius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had the brilliant idea of extracting the MicroSD Management application and turning it into a CIA, so I could access it on the home screen. I compiled it via GM9, installed it via FBI, and lets just say it did not go as planned. Now I get a svcBreak error every time I try to access the application through the system menu. Before I screw anything else up trying to fix it, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix the issue.

I don't have any sort of EmuNAND, and I unfortunately haven't made a backup.

EDIT: Problem solved.

Last edited by Horonelius,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had the brilliant idea of extracting the MicroSD Management application and turning it into a CIA, so I could access it on the home screen. I compiled it via GM9, installed it via FBI, and lets just say it did not go as planned. Now I get a svcBreak error every time I try to access the application through the system menu. Before I screw anything else up trying to fix it, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix the issue.

There is already one that does this for you

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you just converted the app to cia without changing the title id then it just overwrote the original application. I'm not sure if this will work, but maybe uninstalling the cia and trying to do a system update will download it again. (Wait for at least someone else to confirm.)

Horonelius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After comparing the original contents that I backed up, with what the CIA I created, I notice that the file names are different. I am wonder if that had something to do with it.

cmd/00000002.cmd
00000001.tmd
00000008.app

became

cmd/00000001.cmd
00000000.tmd
00000008.app

Last edited by Horonelius,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

EDIT: Problem solved.
It's a CIA already. You can add it to the home menu, but not simply by making a CIA from it.
There is a home menu version on that ISO site, which installs alongside the normal one. Also works on o3DS.
I think I still have it stored on my SD card.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Horonelius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately the version on "that" site leads to a dead link, and my best google-fu always ends up leading back to said dead link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk