Broken M3 Real cardreader?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Nerevar, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Nerevar
    OP

Nerevar Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2007
    Norway
    Last night I plugged the cardreader that came with the M3 Real into my computer, heard the tone that sounds when you plug in a USB device, followed shortly after by the tone that lets you know when a USB device has been unplugged. And now now computer doesn't respond at all when I insert the reader. It's like it's not there. Both the reader and card was really hot when I unplugged it. I tried other USB devices without problems, so the USB ports are functional. I'm using a Kingston 4GB MicroSD card. Tried it with an old cardreader I have, but no luck there either although I'm pretty sure it's the cardreaders fault since it's ancient and it's been through some rough times.

I tried putting the SD card back into the M3 Real and it seems to work fine on my DS. Anyone know if the card is fried or if it's a problem the reader that came with the M3 Real?

2. bfoos

bfoos GBAtemp Fan

Dec 5, 2006
    United States
    Upstate, NY
    The reader that comes with the Real is junk. It's really hit and miss. Mine lasted a whole 2 weeks before it broke. Get yourself a good reader, like a Sandisk Mobilemate.

3. Nerevar
    OP

Nerevar Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2007
    Norway
    I see. I guess I'll have to start looking around for a new cardreader. And it just had to happen before I could transfer Chrono Trigger. Just my luck... [​IMG]

4. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    you should be happy the cardreader didn't corrupt your entire microSD.

5. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
  6. Annaaaaa

Annaaaaa Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2008
     /l、 (゚、 。 7
    ive been wondering if this is better than the dstt one?

7. Nerevar
    OP

Nerevar Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2007
    Norway
    Just ordered a new cardreader. Luckily, a guy at work was carrying with him an SD reader, so I got to test my SD card and it's still working. I guess I lucked out on that one. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice