Gaming Broken Headphone jack?

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've had this problem ever since I built this computer, and although it's not serious, it's very inconvenient.

Anyway, for whatever reason, when I plug in ear phones/headphones in to the headphone jack, the left side is much weaker then the right side. Fiddling around with it while it's in usually fixes it in, but this can take a long time and it's extremely annoying. I opened up the computer and I can't see any visible problems, so, any suggestions?

PS: I've tried this with multiple headphones and ear phones, all get the same problem.

BobTheJoeBob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zetta_x said:
Is this with a front panel headphone jack or on the IO panel?
Front panel jack.

QUOTE(Nathan Drake @ Aug 23 2011, 06:44 PM) Also, have you tried blowing out the headphone jack? The one on this computer was doing that when it was dusty.
I'll try that now.

EDIT: No luck.
It seems to work fine if I pull it up a bit, right now I have something under the headphone thingmajig to keep it up.

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it was a manufacturing defect. If it's out of warranty and you can get access to the back of the faceplate, you could probably replace it if you can find a similar one online. Assuming you know how to work a soldering iron and hot glue gun.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally on desktops, the front panel headphones connect to the mother board using HD audio or AC 97.

Does the IO panel have an headphone jack and does it produce the same problems?

BobTheJoeBob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
moose3 said:
Sounds like it was a manufacturing defect. If it's out of warranty and you can get access to the back of the faceplate, you could probably replace it if you can find a similar one online. Assuming you know how to work a soldering iron and hot glue gun.
I have 0 experience with a soldering iron, so I'd prefer to not to have to go to that method.

QUOTE(Zetta_x @ Aug 23 2011, 09:10 PM) Normally on desktops, the front panel headphones connect to the mother board using HD audio or AC 97.

Does the IO panel have an headphone jack and does it produce the same problems?
The back panel jacks work fine, only the front one is causing problems.

BobTheJoeBob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EJames2100 said:
Simplest and easiest route I think would be to get a cheap extender(or 2 :/) and use the back one.
I really hate trailing long wires, and I prefer it being plugged in right in front of me, although I may consider this.

QUOTEOr Speakers.
I have speakers, and they're above me, so the wire would be trailing downwards.

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well if you don't want to have trailing wires by just having an extension from the back and you probably don't want to tape said wire to the side of the case or mod the case to make a new front headphone jack with the extension wire...

You could always go with wireless headphones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1