Broken DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Youkai, Aug 20, 2008.

Aug 20, 2008

Broken DS by Youkai at 2:54 PM (757 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Hi,

just got the broken DS of underpreassure, he sayed only thing broken is power switch and i read that it wouldn't be much of a problem to solder a new one onto the DS ...

well no i am already stuck with opening that thing [​IMG]

are those weirds screws those tri wing things ? any idea how to open without correct screw driver ?

2. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    first off. view this guide on how to disassemble your ds lite
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=98240

yes, you will need a tri-wing screwdriver. they are available from many web-based stores for as cheap as .99usd

yes, you can charge your ds lite with a usb charge cable. however, you will need the correct one. again, like the tri-wing screwdriver, many web-based stores sell these (the cost about 3-4.00usd)

if it is in fact the power switch that is broken, those cost under 10.00usd and a few sellers on ebay offer them. however, your soldering skills need to be pretty good (I wouldn't attempt it yourself if you've not soldered anything tiny before).

3. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    well thanks didn't know about that topic XD

hmm dunno if its really only the power switch but thats what underpreassure told me ... and if you try to use the switch you can notice that its totaly lose

so when i connect the DS via USB to pc it does not charge ?

4. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    use Dealextreme to buy a triwing screwdriver (super cheap)

To fix the power switch you will need to buy one, though I'm not sure where sells them...

Unless you have a (broken) DS of your own that you can take the power switch from.