Hardware Broke my circle pad functionality can it be fixed?

Deleted member 585915

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was swapping out the stock circle pad for a new one because it had gotten very old. While I was removing the ribbon cable I got reckless and accidentally broke the clip that secures it. I have tried gluing the ribbon cable onto the pins but the circle pad doesn't respond. When I boot up the 3ds the cursor moves down and right till it reaches the end of the screen and stops. Something is wrong but I'm not sure what. I've tried both circle pads, both don't work, and I've tried recalibration but the circle pad inputs aren't there. If I completely remove the circle pad connection the same thing happens. Is that clip necessary for the circle pad to function?

Dogson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Circle pads need a 4 pin connection, sell your 3DS before you keep ruining it, and let someone who can fix it, fix it. It requires soldering in a new connector, which isn't something you're going to do as a beginner. Worst case if the whole thing is trashed in that area from the glue, manually soldering these connections with enamel wire.

Without the clip the connector is not going to make proper connection with the ribbon cable.

Deleted member 585915

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Circle pads need a 4 pin connection, sell your 3DS before you keep ruining it, and let someone who can fix it, fix it. It requires soldering in a new connector, which isn't something you're going to do as a beginner. Worst case if the whole thing is trashed in that area from the glue, manually soldering these connections with enamel wire.

Without the clip the connector is not going to make proper connection with the ribbon cable.
what is the function of the clip

Dogson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
To press down the connector against the pins and keep it in place. Glue and tape is a wonky "solution", glue might even ruin the traces on the board, replacing the connector is the actual repair, and soldering enamel wires directly for each pin is the workaround repair.

Deleted member 585915

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To press down the connector against the pins and keep it in place. Glue and tape is a wonky "solution", glue might even ruin the traces on the board, replacing the connector is the actual repair, and soldering enamel wires directly for each pin is the workaround repair.
i think i will just leave it be until i can do a good enough solder job because im just learning

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: